Seeing players in strange places

Saw Gerry Gow and Tommy Hutchinson playing snooker in some fancy pub in Handforth? or the like. 3pm, arseholed and betting each other £5 on if they made the pot.

Saw Alan Kennedy in a Knutsford pub cosying up to some bird who wasnt his missus. Back in the early 80s

KDB in the baby section of Kendals
Nicky Summerbee in the next seat on an EasyJet flight from Nice to Liverpool
Steve Lomas stopped to talk to me on Bridge Street in Warrington when I said hello
Garry Flitcroft in the cinema in Pilsworth
Andy Morrison on La Ramblas in Barcelona

To be honest I've seen miles more Rags than city players around town, including the whole squad in Wings after they'd played at home one Saturday

Franny Lee at Haydock when he was a racehorse owner, had a small chat....give me a rubbish tip.

Ian Dowie in a kebab shop in Royton when he was Oldham manager...maybe the kebab shop lights but didn't look as bad as he does on TV....that sounds dreadful but posted with good intentions.

Ian Dowie in Chadderton Costco a few months ago. He was suited up so presumed he was doing a game for Sky, but wasn't on TV that night!

Was on the same table as Frank Stapleton at a function at the Yang Sing and got into an argument with him about the rags winning the league only because they were richer than everyone else (this was before 2008).

Cheeky twat was arguing that it was entirely due to how good their marketing arm was. I asked him if he thought that the same marketing team could turn Bury into a financial bohemoth and he said "yes".

Sammy Lee at a Who gig at the Arena
Ian Marshall looking in a jewellers window in St Ann's Square
Ian Marshall in the golf shop on the Rebok retail park.
Richard Edghill at the Bardsley Driving Range in Oldham.
Paul Dikov at the Black Swan, Bucklow Hill after that horrible Stoke match, 03/05/98

Franny Lee at Haydock when he was a racehorse owner, had a small chat....give me a rubbish tip.

Ian Dowie in a kebab shop in Royton when he was Oldham manager...maybe the kebab shop lights but didn't look as bad as he does on TV....that sounds dreadful but posted with good intentions.
Franny Lee had the SIS live Racing system at his house (and training facility) in Little Stanneylands. After the contract was up he terminated it, the equipment included a 26”
TV which I bought for £45 plus VAT, total £52.88 (mid 90’s).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.