Self defence at work

perhaps I should ask for a course on managing challenging ,aggressive behaviour perhaps self defence is the wrong wording for what I was looking for. The main thing that pissed me of was the town clerk thought it was funny :(
you could always slap him and see how funny he thinks it is then

I worked in a residential home for adults with mental health issues and we had yearly training - not in restraining or self defence but (as someone else said) protecting yourself / getting out of certain incidents (like being grabbed at the wrist or hair pulled)

perhaps I should ask for a course on managing challenging ,aggressive behaviour perhaps self defence is the wrong wording for what I was looking for. The main thing that pissed me of was the town clerk thought it was funny :(
Have you thought about stabbing him?!

Just kidding! Obviously, work place violence, as with all walks of life, is seemingly on the increase, especially with weapons, so I think you have legitimate concerns.

FWIW, I’d put your request in writing. That starts a written chain. And, I would keep any and all correspondence for possible future use if you are laughed off in the future. Any harm you may come to may mean you never have to work again if the written record shows that you voiced concerns, they were laughed off, and left you vulnerable.

Like everyone else, I’m not a pansy, and would face violence with violence, if necessary, but a written record of workplace concern is the best way to either change it, or make it cost them if your legitimate concerns are not dealt with seriously.

I usually have either a sawsall, nail gun or claw hammer in my right hand when at work. If anyone still feels the need to have a go, i usually have a big Russian nearby.

Too many work shy doley scum in this country unfortunately, and working fellas like yourself bearing the brunt of it. I've had it when doing work around council houses, I luckily have not been assaulted and I find a lot of the whining from them quite funny.

Nothing stopping you taking up Muay Thai or boxing a few nights a week at a local club mate.

Can I just say thanks to all the people who deal with the bad elements of Joe public, I suppose it's part and parcel of the jobs involved sad I know but true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.