Self-employed & Coronavirus

do not judge everyone by your own levels of morality. i have always declared my earnings , cash, bacs or cheque. i want to be a fully paid up member of Society. Now i feel like a bit part player.

I am sure that you didnt mean everyone
I'm sure too.

Maybe a silly question but is this likely to apply to directors of their own companies as well as sole traders, etc? Or are directors deemed to be covered by the business and employee support measures already announced?

I'd have thought so. I was expecting it to take a few weeks to be honest . I’m expecting 80% or last years earnings and I suppose HMRC will have a lot of work on processing the 80% for employees as well as self employed applications that will need to submit bank details for payment all with no extra staff. Hopefully it isn’t May , end of April I could manage End of May I’ll struggle but could defer some payments. At least if we know moneys coming. For people like @blueinsa, new start ups, it will be a bigger worry.

It is a huge worry right now and we either get clarification later today or its a UC claim as my business is now in lockdown and shut for the foreseeable.

It is a huge worry right now and we either get clarification later today or its a UC claim as my business is now in lockdown and shut for the foreseeable.
Hope the news eases the anxiety ov millions ov us today pal stay safe

Are these payments loans/grants that have to be paid back? (sorry if this has been discussed)
If so, what is the point. We cannot make up for lost work. And the fact that the economy will be wrecked for a while would make things even harder.
I've spent the last 5-6 years getting debt free. There is no way i'm taking any type of loan.
I would fold my business before i do that. I have enough money to last around three months.
I'm still working at the moment. The phone has been ringing off the hook.
Luckily, my type of work (Building maintenance and cleaning) is outdoors.
So i've been able to set up a safe system of work. I fuel and pay at the pump.
I phone the customer beforehand, and remind them not to come out or approach me.
They are allowed to watch the work from a window, or to phone me at any time.
I phone to say i'm leaving. Payments are either left on the doorstep, or they pay via BT.

However, i think it is parts for my machinery that will ultimately close me down. I'm already struggling to source the stuff i need to keep running.
So am i right in thinking that if i do close, i will only get £94 a week?

Are these payments loans/grants that have to be paid back? (sorry if this has been discussed)
If so, what is the point. We cannot make up for lost work. And the fact that the economy will be wrecked for a while would make things even harder.
I've spent the last 5-6 years getting debt free. There is no way i'm taking any type of loan.
I would fold my business before i do that. I have enough money to last around three months.
I phone the customer beforehand, and remind them not to come out or approach me.
I phone to say i'm leaving. Payments are either left on the doorstep, or they pay via BT.

However, i think it is parts for my machinery that will ultimately close me down. I'm already struggling to source the stuff i need to keep running.
At the moment pal but announcement coming later,
Salute you for doing what you have to at the moment, but we all really need to at home at the moment

you will get more than £94 a week and it isn’t a loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.