Self-employed & Coronavirus

A couple of my sole trader clients are raking it in. Haven't stopped working at all and also in receipt of SEISS help.

I don't begrudge them that, if they're entitled to it then fair enough, but it sticks in the throat a little.
It surely shouldn’t have been beyond the realms of possibility, even for this government, to have worked out a fairer system so that no one was left behind.

It surely shouldn’t have been beyond the realms of possibility, even for this government, to have worked out a fairer system so that no one was left behind.
I can understand it was easier to make it available to all self employed , what I’d have done though was say if you claim it and your tax return next year show no loss of earning it would have to be repaid so those that don’t need it wouldn’t clai. That way it could have been made available to those that aren’t getting it too. Though not sure the reasons given for the ones that have missed out, don’t understand the LTD director dividend thing.

I’ve done okay out of it, certainly no worse off, still wouldn’t vote for them though. Seriously though don’t really understand why the self employed help couldn’t have been better targeted and shared out better. Many that have earned throughout and maybe been busier than normal getting the same grant as those earning zero, while other self employed get nothing.

So will the SE scheme be retrospective again.
I:e, get a payment in aug or sept.

As I understand from the bit I saw, yes exactly the same as the first scheme but set at 70%.
Yes, apply in August for the 2nd grant. I was pleasantly surprised by the 70% figure, I was expecting around 50% tbh so the extra 20% will be welcome as my self-employed income is still only at about 30% of pre-lockdown levels and I don't really see it picking up much for another 2-3 months.

My question isn't exactly related to the thread title, but a quick search showed that there had been some talk about umbrella companies in this thread.

My question is, is anyone using an umbrella company that they can recommend?

I left my last role due to redundancy a few weeks ago. I've managed to get a contractor role until the end of March but because it's in the pulic sector it's inside IR35 and I have to go through an umbrella company to get paid. Looking online it looks like a bit of a minefield finding a decent one.

Many thanks

My question isn't exactly related to the thread title, but a quick search showed that there had been some talk about umbrella companies in this thread.

I left my last role due to redundancy a few weeks ago. I've managed to get a contractor role until the end of March but because it's in the pulic sector it's inside IR35 and I have to go through an umbrella company to get paid. Looking online it looks like a bit of a minefield finding a decent one.

Many thanks
I’m still ltd until the next review

However my accountants Brookson do an umbrella option and my nominated accountant is a blue too !!

Many thanks

I would recommended Fore Two Group. Used them for a coupe of years and they’ve been good.

I would not recommend Danbro.

Many thanks

The main point about umbrella
Is the fee they charge,
Besides that they all work on the same principles..
Receipts what your allowed to claim weekly,
So I would ask them what they charge,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.