Self-employed & Coronavirus

You can live comfortably on about 12k a year?

Wife works plus 300 quid in hand would be a bit more gross in terms of a salary. 20k only gets you about 390 in your hand. 90 quid for 40 hours a week less what you save not going. It would be a no brainer.

It's not how it would work though mate. UBI is for everyone and if you then work on top then all power to you. You can't give someone UBI and then have them also claim welfare payments imo.
This solution is for right now and designed to cover the pandemic.
But yes, in a full-on ubi world it would replace benefits.

Still nothing for the excluded three million though :(

Surprisingly quiet from the 'opposition'.

There's been nothing heard from any side about those of us who haven't had a penny in help. I don't really count loans as help as you still need to pay it back and it sits there like a dead weight on your Balance Sheet until you do.

Last edited:
My accountant has reliably informed me today that we're on for a month of 80% and 2 months of 40%, available from the end of Nov although time could tell as they are busy people HMRC....Not sure if it's one application or 2. Surely in either case it would easier to take an average for the 3 months and save a lot of confusion, but what would I know..

There's been nothing heard from any side about those of us who haven't had a penny in help. I don't really count loans as help as you still need to pay it back and it sits there like a dead weight on your Balance Sheet until you do.
Tbf, there has been some support from a few backbenchers on all sides of the house. The government simply refuse to answer their questions though.

My accountant has reliably informed me today that we're on for a month of 80% and 2 months of 40%, available from the end of Nov although time could tell as they are busy people HMRC....Not sure if it's one application or 2. Surely in either case it would easier to take an average for the 3 months and save a lot of confusion, but what would I know..
Could be wrong but I think it's 2 as the 80% is the lockdown month whereas the 40s are for being affected but not in lock down, so need more evidence that you've been significantly impacted by the non lockdown restrictions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.