Self Isolating City fan attends game

How would they know if your over 70, will there be more gestapo at the gates checking that you’re not borrowed a ticket from the under 70’s empty seat brigade ?

Valid point.

I am not sure however that it will work. After all as numbers of infections grow, players are going to get it. You are going to get teams unable to complete fixtures due to being in isolation. I think there is a chance of the virus itself curtailing the season whether the Premier League or for that matter the government like it or not.
Also good points.

It could be argued, though, that players are surrounded by medical teams to the extent ordinary working people are not. Plus they are fitter and better placed to fight off disease due to specialized diet, access to sports science etc.

It’s a very tough situation with sensible arguments on both sides and I am glad I am not the one who has got to decide!

If you're over 70 you're more at risk of dying if you get it... but just as likely to unknowingly spread it as anybody under 70... so surely it is your choice whether you want to risk attending a game? The only person you are putting at risk is yourself?

If you're over 70 you're more at risk of dying if you get it... but just as likely to unknowingly spread it as anybody under 70... so surely it is your choice whether you want to risk attending a game? The only person you are putting at risk is yourself?
That’s my thought on it.
So why not give the choice of attending and a refund on season card or ticket if you don’t.

self-isolation only works when you know you've got it. Well it's too late then because you've already infected 1-2 people and the chain reaction goes on.

There should be pro-active mass testing. That's how Korea got on top of their epidemic.

Government strategy of containment is complete rubbish as it just amounts to waiting. That's how the Italian epidemic started because no one was aware it was circulating.

If it's only 163 people who have it then it's completely ridiculous to change your routines. However there's an unknown. What are the real numbers. There must be models out there but that's not the same as knowing.

They should be testing randomly across the country to see what the real underlying prevalence is. Perhaps they know this and the info isn't being shared?

Testing I believe really is key. That's the only way to assess risk which is the way you make a decision about stopping sports. At the moment it's just fear. Are we two weeks behind Italy, or is Italy one week behind Korea. I think Korea got ahead of the curve by being pro-active. Italy seem to be making lots of confused decisions such as closing schools and then inviting tourists into Milan. They need to find the people who have it and isolate them instead of just waiting for them to shout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.