Self Isolating City fan attends game

self-isolation only works when you know you've got it. Well it's too late then because you've already infected 1-2 people and the chain reaction goes on.

There should be pro-active mass testing. That's how Korea got on top of their epidemic.

Government strategy of containment is complete rubbish as it just amounts to waiting. That's how the Italian epidemic started because no one was aware it was circulating.

If it's only 163 people who have it then it's completely ridiculous to change your routines. However there's an unknown. What are the real numbers. There must be models out there but that's not the same as knowing.

They should be testing randomly across the country to see what the real underlying prevalence is. Perhaps they know this and the info isn't being shared?

Testing I believe really is key. That's the only way to assess risk which is the way you make a decision about stopping sports. At the moment it's just fear. Are we two weeks behind Italy, or is Italy one week behind Korea. I think Korea got ahead of the curve by being pro-active. Italy seem to be making lots of confused decisions such as closing schools and then inviting tourists into Milan. They need to find the people who have it and isolate them instead of just waiting for them to shout.

Absolutely crackers, totally misleading info, I should be flying to Pisa this afternoon with family to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. A number of the party are aged beween 60-87, mixed health issues, still according to PHE/FCO here and easyjet we can fly!!!

Yet, the CDC in the US says not but essential travel to Italy. Her Uni is shut, we can't get to the places we were originally going to visit, the number of those infected are going up and up, and I can't get a refund on the flights, get offered a voucher for alternative flights, only going to get my tax back, with the excess on my travel insurance get around £50 back, waste of time.

Typical of this lying and dispicable Government and profit making companies. I was in Venice end of Jan, coachloads of Chinese tourists everywhwere, many wearing masks, but guess what, still allowed to travel, this situation has been known for months and now were told to prepare, we have a four point plan!!!! My daughter has decided reluctantly to return to the UK later today, she is going to self-quarantine even though she has no symptoms at all. Utter shambles...

Absolutely crackers, totally misleading info, I should be flying to Pisa this afternoon with family to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. A number of the party are aged beween 60-87, mixed health issues, still according to PHE/FCO here and easyjet we can fly!!!

Yet, the CDC in the US says not but essential travel to Italy. Her Uni is shut, we can't get to the places we were originally going to visit, the number of those infected are going up and up, and I can't get a refund on the flights, get offered a voucher for alternative flights, only going to get my tax back, with the excess on my travel insurance get around £50 back, waste of time.

Typical of this lying and dispicable Government and profit making companies. I was in Venice end of Jan, coachloads of Chinese tourists everywhwere, many wearing masks, but guess what, still allowed to travel, this situation has been known for months and now were told to prepare, we have a four point plan!!!! My daughter has decided reluctantly to return to the UK later today, she is going to self-quarantine even though she has no symptoms at all. Utter shambles...
That's crazy. My company has told us that if anyone flies in personal time to a country where travel is restricted, China, Italy etc, and has to self isolate on return and potentially miss work, then we may face disciplinary action.

China and South Korea have it under control now.

South Korea has tested about 150,000 people. They proactively search for the infection testing anyone at risk and hence can isolate people before they infect people.

The Chinese sequenced the virus on Jan 5th and it was subsequently relayed to the rest of the world so that they can develop testing kits.

The public strategy of isolation seems fine to me but it's missing the testing. Seems to me people are instructed to ring 111 when they get symptoms which means they have time to spread it first when there should be a lot more pro-active testing to get to the chain earlier. Perhaps there is or was a shortage of test kits.

Mixed news then: China and Korea over the worst. Focus now on Italy and Iran.

I'm laid up in Thailand, struggling with these poor conditions (beaches, pools and beers) because I cannee return to Guangdong, China. Hard life. Still, it does seem a tad serious now. Or a hoax...

That's crazy. My company has told us that if anyone flies in personal time to a country where travel is restricted, China, Italy etc, and has to self isolate on return and potentially miss work, then we may face disciplinary action.

I'd like to see that one stick in a tribunal because if my work place tried that I'd take them to the cleaners, what about if you had holiday to Italy already booked? Are they going to compensate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.