Self Isolation: Time to Learn New Skills...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bigga, 22 Mar 2020.

1. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    As we're currently in this position for goodness knows how long, I have been watching the awesome (I can't believe I'm saying that) 'Hope for Paws' channel. I have no clue why I started watching it!

Anyway, the point is, I lost my cat 2 years ago and she was my best friend in many ways, but my wife has her dog that doesn't look after very well. Me, not being a dog person really (more to do with the fact I wasn't included in the decision to get the dog and I knew how it would turn out) I have found myself slowly understanding her dog and my attitude is beginning to change.

It was never his choice to come here.

Shockingly, I have found myself looking for pet trimmers as I think I want to bond to her dog and look after him better than she does. But I'm struggling to think why this is happening now.

So, question; does anyone groom their own dog or do you send it to dog groomers instead?

2. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

Both really. Groom the dog ourselves regularly and once every 3 or 4 months to the groomers.

3. Bigga

Bigga

Hi KB.

What clippers do you use?

Hers is a shaggy haired dog, a bit like this but bigger and better looking...
    [​IMG]

4. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

If you mean nail clippers, we use just the basic Mikki claw clipper.

5. nimrod

nimrod

So this threads about dog grooming really..

Centurions likes this.
  6. Bigga

Bigga

Ah right, I forgot there was more than one clipper type!

I meant hair trimmer, I guess!

7. Bigga

Bigga

No, actually as I was actually wondering what I could do whilst I was off. If there was anything I could add to my bow, rather than sit at home playing PS games.

The dog just happened to be a two for one thing as a skill set!

Befriend the dog, learn to cut his hair!

Depending on how this nonsense goes on for, I might even learn to speed type as well!

8. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

Sorry but can't help you with that one. We have a very short haired breed that moults, so trimming isn't really required. We just do bath/shower, nails, ears and teeth once a week and then send her to the groomer for a 'proper' groom every so often.

9. domalino

domalino

Duolingo - very popular, has it's flaws but a great way to begin a new language.

Hard to offer advice without knowing what you want to do really. If you have a guitar laying about you always thought you'd learn to play, people could suggest sites or apps etc, but just "what can I learn" is such a broad question.

Gelsons Dad likes this.
  10. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

I always use Duolingo so can't count it as a new skill although I'm always learning.

Recently I've been having a play around with Photoshop, I love travelling and obviously can't do that at the moment, so I'm seeing what I can do with my photo's from Ephesus and Rome last year. There is so much to learn though but I'm enjoying it.

Maybe video editing next, although I know a bit more about that.