Self service tills in supermarkets.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BlueMoonRisin', 22 Oct 2019.

1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Absolutely mate, it's the disposable income of the lowest skilled workers that keeps the economy ticking.

BrianW likes this.
  2. andyhinch

andyhinch

Waitrose in Wilmslow works a dream you fucking luddite, you can’t use groats anymore.

BlueMoonRisin' likes this.
  3. KS55

KS55

Oh yes you can.
    Here in yerksheer tea bags are 100 for a groat, 54 pigs bladders a groat, ready made crow pie 15 groats. Not tõ be confused with 2 wives for one goat (worsleyweb discards, 25% off).

4. big phil

big phil

5. urban genie

urban genie

When you go in tesco gorton and the 24 manned tills are populated by 3 staff some early afternoons yet the self service have a que od peoole with more than the originally intended 10 items.

If all 24 tills were manned @BlueHammer85 wouldn't have to worry about the grannys big shop ;-)

I think Aldi and Lidl probably have it kinda right, man a few tills and then ooen more when necessary no need for self sercive.

If you cannot be arsed get a home delivery

6. LeeJay

LeeJay

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    We had that too, a few years back in Asda. We were waiting at the till, with four or five items on the conveyor belt, third in line - and the security guard (of all people) came over and said to use the self serve checkout. So, i politely refused and said we were fine, and then he says no, please go and use the self serve. It wasn't a request, at that point. i just smiled and said no, i was ok where i was. Pushy little twat had a face like Jamie Carragher after that lol

Was once accused of steeling when using the self serve, because i didn't put all items into a bag and opted to carry a multi pack of crisps rather than bag them - guy followed me out the store and said i'd not paid for all my items - needless to say i had and he got a roasting, i don't appreciate being called a thief or being accosted in the car-park.

i think human contact and sharing a smile (if you can) with a checkout person is important. As a society we're becoming too automated, it's good to share a hello and have a wee chat. I do understand that some people don't want to though, and for them the self serve's may be a preferred option....

As others have said, i've walked out a few times because the self serve is being a dick about some unexpected item or my degree in fruit and veg weighing isn't enough for me to complete the transaction lol, just leave the shopping - life is too short and i have a really big bug bear for machines that don't operate in the same way as i'd expect them too :) so, i just don't use them now.

BrianW, BlueMoonRisin' and crooky like this.
  7. urban genie

urban genie

8. ell

ell

Completely depends, its miles easier to use them if you're just grabbing your dinner and want to be in and out. But its easier to go to the one manned till if youve got age restricted items like booze, the only problem is you have to wait just as long because of the queue of old people but it saves holding up everyone else who just wants to be in and out on the self service.

9. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

Team supported:
    You are Banned!... Reason - "rag".
    You're probably only buying a bottle of whiskey.

10. Mike Cathcart

Mike Cathcart

Team supported:
    Man City
    Don't you like to hear about their love/sex lives they share at volume with the next till?