Self service tills in supermarkets.

BlueMoonRisin’

They have to be one of the worst ever inventions, I hate using them!

All the big supermarkets are getting more of these things, and I've noticed that if you go in ASDA after (I think) 10pm there's no one on the tills, leaving me with no choice but to use these moody fuckin' machines that basically take the piss!

Yes, I'm almost 3 times the legal age to buy alcohol but I always seem to wait ages till a pissed off looking assistant comes over to allow me to buy. Then if you don't place your items correctly on the scales(bagging area) it won't let you proceed. And that's if it scans items properly. And I think you need a degree in how to buy fruit & veg, it's a fuckin' pisstake.

If you finally manage to get to press 'pay for items' without losing the plot it asks how many bags you want, so you have to piss about pressing more buttons wasting yet more time. And if you're paying by cash you have to put the note in a certain way or it spits it back at you!

I got so pissed off a couple of years ago I just left what I was trying to buy and fucked off out of the store. Went to Aldi instead where I can always be served on the tills by someone who is usually always pleasant and efficient.

Asda Tesco Sainsbury's and Morrisons are getting more self serve tills but their prices remain high yet they are cutting staff on the tills!

This is the end game isn't it? Cashless, no customer assistants just pick up what you want and leave the store and you get charged by the cloud.

Vote with your feet and make it abundantly clear that them saving money and wages is not your priority and that you want customer service and the help of a till operator in buying and paying for your shopping.

I was in this morning and almost directed to a self service till by a member of staff and i stood at an empty till, politely refused and said no, you can serve me here thanks.

I'm not being awkward, i just refuse to stand doing what someone else who works there should be doing and i refuse to be stood there waiting for a member of staff to turn up and reset the self service till when it does its inevitable "sorry, computer says no" act.

Never use them now. Always go to a till. If it's late at night I get someone. Homebase/ B&Q also try that trick but I just go to the customer services.
You're right Bimbo. I'm going to start getting someone to serve me in customer services or wherever. Went in an Asda express earlier and a lazy looking cow wouldn't serve me yet she didn't seem to be doing anything, other than scan something I couldn't find the price of.

I prefer them but I can see why the older generation doesn't. Its because they can't have a natter and give their life story to the checkout person like they do on the tills, taking forever to bag a tin of garden pees and then want to pay the entire 75p in copper and vouchers with the checkout person counting it out for them. Without self-service tills, people like me who just want to grab some lunch and get out have to wait for ages.

Vote with your feet and make it abundantly clear that them saving money and wages is not your priority and that you want customer service and the help of a till operator in buying and paying for your shopping.

I was in this morning and almost directed to a self service till by a member of staff and i stood at an empty till, politely refused and said no, you can serve me here thanks.

I'm not being awkward, i just refuse to stand doing what someone else who works there should be doing and i refuse to be stood there waiting for a member of staff to turn up and reset the self service till when it does its inevitable "sorry, computer says no" act.
I agree. And self serve tills are part of the reason Aldi and Lidl are getting more popular.

I prefer them but I can see why the older generation doesn't. Its because they can't have a natter and give their life story to the checkout person like they do on the tills, taking forever to bag a tin of garden pees and then want to pay the entire 75p in copper and vouchers with the checkout person counting it out for them. Without self-service tills, people like me who just want to grab some lunch and get out have to wait for ages.
Less of the older generation mate. I’m probably twice as old as the OP and I prefer them because I don’t want to have a conversation with the person operating the till. I’m more a miserable git than an old git

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.