Self service tills in supermarkets.

You never really see many spot checks taking places like you would on the hand scanner aisle. I know some staff will monitor the screen at the end and be like he scanned 4 items but 5 in his hand etc. Never really seen anyone pulled. Must happen quite frequently.

I generally try not to use them if there are staff on tills and there is no or very little queue

I get that self service tills are quick and easy if you're just scanning a meal deal in your lunch hour in a busy store, that's fine.

But more and more stores are cutting staff on tills making it difficult for shoppers to have their items scanned by a store worker. It's all about maximizing profits at the expense of shoppers who don't want to have to scan their own shopping.

Morrisons have a policy where the till operative asks - "do you need any help with your shopping". "No thanks it's ok" is my reply as I like to place tins and bottles together. Same with frozen food and soft packaging like bread and fruit and veg.

But it's not about me, I'm good at packing my own shopping. It's about the 'luddite' old dears who find shopping a big enough ordeal as it is without being left feeling helpless in a minefield of scanning their shopping.

And if Dorris wants to copper up and use her money off vouchers then fine, use the self service tills instead if you're impatient.

But the way supermarkets are heading poor old Dorris and the like won't have a choice, and that is a problem that shouldn't be if stores had enough staff on tills.

I love Morrison’s self service.
You can pay cash.
So I take my jam jar full of coppers and start paying...

I prefer them if I'm just buying a few bits. Do you find Asda ones particularly annoying though? I usually shop at Tesco (just because of convenience) but for a short while I used the Asda (the one in Marple) regularly because of a job I was on close by. I used to get pissed off everytime I went in there and used their machines. They were a f**king nightmare.
Then again, the staff were useless in there too tbf.

Should only be used for 10 items or less. Who the fuck would want to put their weekly shop through a self service till anyway?

I nick carrier bags from them all the time.

Easy to scan everything through, pay and then realize you need a bag....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.