Selling a house

peoffrey

Team supported
Wales
I’ve booked appointments with estate agents for tomorrow to come and view my house in London. I’m looking at valuations for the moment but am keen to sell and get out of this fucking city ASAP.

Any tips on which agent to choose? I’ve a rough idea on how much it’s worth but we want a quick, smooth sale. This is a huge responsibility personally so I want to get it right.

Thanks.

I’ve never sold a house before so I’d sooner a professional did it for us.

I’ve never sold a house before so I’d sooner a professional did it for us.
Foxtons seem to dominate the market in London.

I’d advise you to get it valued by as many agents as possible - they won’t charge you to value it.

I had my old flat valued by 6 different agents and the valuations differed up to 30%. Their sales technique varied from trying to scare me in to selling quickly and taking my time to achieve the best price.

Ultimately, you have to choose what’s best for you. Someone aggressive who will push it through for you, or someone friendly who will guide you through the process.

Call all of the local agents, try to get 5 valuations and then go with the one that suits your needs the best.

Got to get at least 3 for valuations and make sure you know what percentage of the sale price they get plus fees. And never lose sight of the fact that they are generally unscrupulous twats, but a necessary evil

I’ve rang three already and they’re coming round from tomorrow. I’ve researched online and have a price in mind.

I’m very fortunate as there’s huge demand in London for houses. About 9 million people live here so there’s no doubt in my mind that it won’t sell. Friends have migrated out to Essex easily.

How do I choose the right buyer? Whilst I appreciate the agents don’t get paid until we sell, I want to ensure we’re selling to the right people. No morons, time wasters etc.

I want it to go to the right people and not necessarily at the highest price. This house has been in the family for fifty years.

I’ve rang three already and they’re coming round from tomorrow. I’ve researched online and have a price in mind.

I’m very fortunate as there’s huge demand in London for houses. About 9 million people live here so there’s no doubt in my mind that it won’t sell. Friends have migrated out to Essex easily.

How do I choose the right buyer? Whilst I appreciate the agents don’t get paid until we sell, I want to ensure we’re selling to the right people. No morons, time wasters etc.

I want it to go to the right people and not necessarily at the highest price. This house has been in the family for fifty years.
You wont get any help and support from an estate agent with that midset. Their job is to sell that house and get the best price for it. They will be awkward if you interfere in that process. They will want to be left to manage and filter out the time wasters and morons, not you, because that is their job. If you want to manage it all yourself then you are better off doing it by using purple bricks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.