Selling Gold

Would you get a better price selling privately? I’ve never sold gold but also never sell to cash generator style places to ensure I get the money I feel it’s worth.
In theory I think that's the best way forward but if you factor the cost and mither of finding a ' good ' customer....is it worth it. These places have customers or data bases of customers and they take the risk/hit on any price fluctuations

Just to let you know somebody I know sold a Gold chain to a dealer in pear mill Stockport (vintage second hand stuff) got £90 for it , sent his Mrs in the next week it was up for sale £360 , they told him it was scrap gold and only worth the weight.

You'll only get scrap price for it unless it's got diamonds in it, you should currently be getting around £16 a gram for 9ct. Ask them to confirm the weight so you'll know how much they're offering per gram. As an earlier poster said, Mays Pawnbrokers are as trustworthy as they come in my experience but you don't have to sell to the first person. Selling privately is a risk not worth taking.

Thanks for the tips.
One of the hollow gold rope chains is broken, the rest are in good condition- can’t see them selling the bracelet and necklaces as scrap though - some of the rings maybe. The 1907 sovereign is in a chunky mount.
No rush, just looking at a new watch and thought this’d go some way towards it.
Naukyc

In theory I think that's the best way forward but if you factor the cost and mither of finding a ' good ' customer....is it worth it. These places have customers or data bases of customers and they take the risk/hit on any price fluctuations

Old iPods and phones went on Gumtree or eBay. Vintage City shirts too. Gold a completely different prospect!

Thanks for the tips.
One of the hollow gold rope chains is broken, the rest are in good condition- can’t see them selling the bracelet and necklaces as scrap though - some of the rings maybe. The 1907 sovereign is in a chunky mount.
Naukyc

" This time next year Rodders..."

Thanks for the tips.
Naukyc

if its in need and you need quick money then pawn and buy it back within 3 months ?? if its just scarp gold and no sentimental ties then like many on here have said check the carrot and weight and price daily and sell it privately with a firm price and don't take anything less or swap for something like a watch without checking its real and has papers

looking at the picture if its all 9 carrot than your looking at about £600 to £800 maybe more because picture are not the best to judge a price

Any jewellery experts on here?
We have a 170 year old wedding band 22 carat in really good condition.
Can anybody tell me because it's an antique is it worth more than just as weight in gold?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.