Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

Totally agree.

Real Madrid haven't been impressive this season, they need a freshen up big time and have a totally inexperienced manager. Atletico are incredibly hard to beat and Bayern are the best team in Europe with the best manager IMO.

Stop Ronaldo and we'll be in the final. It's very, very rare Real Madrid win any big games without him contributing.

Last time he played at our ground he was sent off IIRC. The time before that he got stamped on.

I don't think he likes us.

Hey guys, hi from Madrid, you are celebrating the draw with us and we are celebrating the draw with you... How pathetic is this?

You probably don't know that we only win the Cup of Europe in the seasons of disaster, when we are not favorites and have screwed the league and lost matches to everyone.

The good news for you is that we always lose to clubs with resented ex, such as Morata or Pellegrini (aka Mr. Puntaje).

See you in Madrid for some beers in Plaza Mayor before the game. Peacefully, of course. Cheers ;)

I did a comparison of goals and assists for the four teams for this CL campaign. Assists in brackets.

Manchester City
--------------------

De Bruyne 3
Sterling 3 (2)
Silva 2
Fernando 2 (2)
Aguero 2
Bony 2 (3)
Yaya 1 (2)
MDM 1
Fernandinho 0 (3)

Real Madrid
--------------------

Ronaldo 16 (4)
Benzema 4
Carvajal 1
James Rodriguez 1
Ruiz 1
Iglesias 1
Modric 1
Isco 0 (3)
Marcelo 0 (2)
Vasquez 0 (2)

Stifle Ronaldo, we have a better chance.
And for a bigger picture:

Bayern Munich
---------------------

Lewandowski 8
Muller 8 (3)
Robben 2
Vidal 2
Costa 2 (3)
Coman 2 (5)
Gotze 2
Alaba 1
Alcantara 1 (3)

Atletico
-----------------

Griezmann 6
Niguez 2
Correa 1
Torres 1
Martinez 1
Vietto 1
Munoz 1
Gabi 0 (3)
Carrasco 0 (2)

I agree. Atletico is a tedious puzzle, and Bayern is like Barca with multiple goals coring threats. Real is a one man team (16 goals from one man who also assisted in the majority of other scorers, with benzema at 4 being the second highest followed by odd 1 goals). We stifle their main source of play, we win half the battle.

Just kick his fucking bollocks in.

Hi All,
Madrid fan here.
I think both Real and City got the draw they wanted.
City is a strong team but I'm surprised by how everyone is underrating Madrid.
We won't be overconfident because memories of Juventus in 2015 will still be fresh.
City is not an unknown team as scouts can watch reel after reel of City's performances this year.
While our defense is susceptible to quick transitions from midfield to attack, only 3 teams have conceded less than us in La Liga (same as City).
It'll all boil down to whether Aguero+Silva+Bruyne+Sterling can outperform Ronaldo+Benzema+Bale.

Also, I like Pelligrini and felt he was harshly treated by Madrid.
However, he has a loser mentality in big games. He was never proactive in making changes when things didn't go according to plan.
At Madrid he always played a laborious 4-2-2-2 and it was Ronaldo who saved him when the going got tough.
A quick glance of this forum indicates that he has not changed.
Zidane is the opposite. He immediately changed 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 and refuses to start the club favorites: Isco and James.
He showed that he has a spine by bringing in a traditional defensive midfielder in Caseimiro at the cost of an attacking midfielder.
He also rotates his squad well ... something which will be telling towards the end of the season.

Pellegrini one dimensional ?!!

How dare you !

Dream draw for City. We'll smash them.

They have lost to some dross this season, no problemo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.