Semi or the Final...

A difficult one this.

The tension on semi-final day, followed by the sheer euphoria after we hammered those rags on the pitch (apart from the first ten or fifteen minutes) and deservedly beat them is something I will never ever forget.

On the day of the final, and without taking anything away from Stoke, I think we all knew that we'd have to do something pretty stupid not to win.

However, for those of us who were at Wembley in 1976 the last time we won a trophy and had often given up hope of ever seeing us win anything else in our lifetime, I suppose you'd have to go with the final.

But it's a close one.

Because I was at both games , both were equally as special and full of emotion and pride for me. But for me the semi was the one that gave me the most satisfaction , I loved winning the FA cup it was one of the best feelings I have ever experienced but the win in the semi was unreal. Nothing could put me on a downer that day , I didn't stop smiling for maybe 3 days at least. That goal every time I watched it gives me a buzz , as does the goal from the final but the fact that it was against the rags on our way to winning the cup , makes it that bit more special. Both games are ones I will cherish forever , but the rag game is more memorable for me , first time at Wembley for me and the first time I have walked away from a game with the amount of pride I did.

meeesh said:
Final mate,seen us beat Utd several times in the flesh,but never seen us win FA Cup in the flesh,that should be the answer for the majority of us on here,irrelevant of beating those twats(which of course was very sweet)

Those who say semi need to have a think,just for a minute,then change your answer(unless your in late forties-fifties,as you have seen us win FA Cup !!)

This!

Its a tough call but i think i enjoyed the Stoke 'game' better but the win a against united was superb though!

The semi ... because I went to that one knowing it was going to be very tight and could go either way, and that whoever won would almost certainly go on to win the Cup. I was desperate to win, but something deep down in me kept saying "don't dare to dream because you know that when the chips are down, United always kick you in the proverbials". So when the final whistle went and we really had beaten United in a game that mattered, it was incredible !

Don't get me wrong - the final was fantastic ... but somehow I went to it knowing we would win, so I wasn't as scared during it, or as amazed & drained at the final whistle.

But haven't things moved on for us Blues ... never thought I'd be saying "Yes, winning the FA Cup was good but it wasn't my favourite match from last season" !

Semi - got a ticket for my dad & daughter. Got the train back after the game brilliant, fantastic day out - emotionally drained when we got home.

Final - 11th hour ticket - love you for ever Mike - beer, beer, Cup Final Winners, beer, beer, night on the floor of his hotel room, thought I was too old for that.

How can I choose between them ???

final without a doubt, my god what a day from the minute i woke up to the time i fell down in a drunken stuper will never forget it and my son was with me to see city actually win a trophy.great question mate just when the memory was fading a little you bring it all back cheers mate

Don't remember much about both games in fact missed the semi-finial as my mum was in hospital where she died a week later. Remeber watching the finial at home but was more in a trance as I had just buried her on the Thursday of the finial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.