Senna

T_Bone said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
T_Bone said:
Mate, stop pissin yer keks. You're awesome on here.

i'm not having a go, don't take it so personally, or seriously. Chill, have a beer or summit.
I'm on it, sunbeam. I've virtually clinked your glass as I opened my can. How did you get that glass past security?

For the film though, I don't think I can watch it. I remember it happening and I was gutted. Him and Piquet (?) were amazing.

Piquet yhp, I remember watching in the cinema and had never seen a lot of this and I was in fits of tears I'd never experienced watching a film before, and I came out hating the FIA for their gross negligence and what I consider near murder of the best driver of all time, and Prost for being an absolute ****, not all too enamoured with Williams 2bh, they could have done more imo.

Gonna be weird watching Bruno in a Williams 18 years after Ayrton died in one, that's for sure.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
T_Bone said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i'm not having a go, don't take it so personally, or seriously. Chill, have a beer or summit.
I'm on it, sunbeam. I've virtually clinked your glass as I opened my can. How did you get that glass past security?

For the film though, I don't think I can watch it. I remember it happening and I was gutted. Him and Piquet (?) were amazing.

Piquet yhp, I remember watching in the cinema and had never seen a lot of this and I was in fits of tears I'd never experienced watching a film before, and I came out hating the FIA for their gross negligence and what I consider near murder of the best driver of all time, and Prost for being an absolute ****, not all too enamoured with Williams 2bh, they could have done more imo.

Gonna be weird watching Bruno in a Williams 18 years after Ayrton died in one, that's for sure.
See, I'll watch it now. I had no idea of the undertones and that. You da man.

Gaylord du Bois said:
waspish said:
Watched his career unfold and his very sad and Unfortunate tragic death how can this film be better than watching it live over his racing career?
It can't but it certainly resurrects the buzz.

Yeah about 2 hours of glory then his death at the end? Just can't get myself around to watch it knowing one of the greatest formula motor racing drivers dies at the end 

waspish said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
waspish said:
Watched his career unfold and his very sad and Unfortunate tragic death how can this film be better than watching it live over his racing career?

Yeah about 2 hours of glory then his death at the end? Just can't get myself around to watch it knowing one of the greatest formula motor racing drivers dies at the end 
I know what you're saying but that's the legacy of genius.

Gaylord du Bois said:
waspish said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

that's the human way of ensuring things get done, let the great ones die then we'll do something.

didn't matter that plenty of good drivers with families died before him, we had to lose the genius before they bucked their ideas up.

The word genius is often bandied about when people die. You tend to find the true geniuses have it levelled at them fairly consistently when they are alive. Senna seems to have been called a genius many times during his lifetime.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
T_Bone said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I remember watching this in the Cinema and it was the first time I've ever seem the place sold out plus the usual popcorn crunching and kids giggling was nowhere to be seen. Everyone glued and embraced by what was happening.
Even a round of applause when it finished...
One of them moments that will stick in my mind and I've watched it countless times since coming out on Blu-Ray.

It's a superb film/documentary and I strongly recommend that everyone watches it. Even if you don't like F1.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
waspish said:

that's the human way of ensuring things get done, let the great ones die then we'll do something.

didn't matter that plenty of good drivers with families died before him, we had to lose the genius before they bucked their ideas up.
The nature of the beast Joe. He had the most protection of any driver that had been killed before him. Factor in Murphys law and all precautions become lip service.

Gaylord du Bois said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

The nature of the beast Joe. He had the most protection of any driver that had been killed before him. Factor in Murphys law and all precautions become lip service.

I prefer to call it "people not doing their jobs properly", its what it comes down to ultimately.

I haven't read the whole thread. It I can say that "Senna" was by far the most gripping and enthraling film I watched in the last year
I had no time for him or Prost until I saw the film, bit Prost is a complete ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.