Senna

Watched for the first time last night, very good. Very subtle insinuation that the FAI pulled too many electronic aids out the cars in one season, making them harder to handle. Liked the idea that Schumaker and Benneton were cheating with secret traction control.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Senna

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think Prost "came across" as a twat as opposed to being "made" to look like a twat, same with that FIA chief.

Yes i agree. But surely you know what editing can do (Samaras and YouTube). Senna died and his status was elevated as a result as often happens in death. If prost had died there may have been a film about him. I dont know. Just putting it out there.

there would have been, but Senna was Senna before his death, you know, if Messi died tomorrow, he'd still have been Messi, the star, one of the greatest regardless of his death, the only difference is we'd all be mourning the tragic loss way before his time, as we did with Ayrton.

He has a film because he was that good and the awful happened, the death didn't make him, he made the sport through his death.

Samaras & youtube, it's just not even remotely a comparison.

I don't think Senna was elevated, I think his greatness was immortalised, whereas the likes of Maradona have had plenty of time to tarnish the great things they did.

You obviously have more knowledge than me. I was only 12 when he died but knew the name despite not being a fan of f1. Please don't get me wrong thinking im putting Senna down. Im not as I've no place to. I enjoyed the film despite not liking f1. Senna seemed a hybrid of ultimate professional, religious man, family man, patriot, enigma and playboy.

I thought it was class when one scene he was on a Brazilian new years programme saying he can't say what he wanted for new year as it was censored and the next shot is him trackside with the female presenter.

Nice touch at the end prost being a patron for his sisters charity.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
Yes i agree. But surely you know what editing can do (Samaras and YouTube). Senna died and his status was elevated as a result as often happens in death. If prost had died there may have been a film about him. I dont know. Just putting it out there.

there would have been, but Senna was Senna before his death, you know, if Messi died tomorrow, he'd still have been Messi, the star, one of the greatest regardless of his death, the only difference is we'd all be mourning the tragic loss way before his time, as we did with Ayrton.

He has a film because he was that good and the awful happened, the death didn't make him, he made the sport through his death.

I don't think Senna was elevated, I think his greatness was immortalised, whereas the likes of Maradona have had plenty of time to tarnish the great things they did.

You obviously have more knowledge than me. I was only 12 when he died but knew the name despite not being a fan of f1. Please don't get me wrong thinking im putting Senna down. Im not as I've no place to. I enjoyed the film despite not liking f1. Senna seemed a hybrid of ultimate professional, religious man, family man, patriot, enigma and playboy.

I thought it was class when one scene he was on a Brazilian new years programme saying he can't say what he wanted for new year as it was censored and the next shot is him trackside with the female presenter.

no, no, not at all. I'm a passionate fan of F1 so have learnt as much as I can about the history and watched the old races and classic moments etc, I was only a little lad when he died so I've done all my growing up on Schumacher/Hakkinen etc. so I've only watched the tapes of Senna, but yeah, he was that talented and he was that good, and on Prost, well even if he hated Senna's guts out, regardless of whether Ayrton had died or not there's more to life than an on track rivalry and its good he's moved on, we can all be cunts at various points in our lives, Senna was a "personality" which like Mario could rub some people, particularly those in authority, the wrong way, but geniuses are never boring, are they?

Makes it all the more joyous to watch the players we have and the likes of Messi, they're my generation of superstars who in 10/20 years time we'll be take the young lot how good they were ;).<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 am --<br /><br />
Blootoof said:
He dieded then

No it was staged, he's doing a live duet whilst on tour with Elvis at the moment.

Does every thread have to have idiots in? Every fucking thread is spoilt.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

no, no, not at all. I'm a passionate fan of F1 so have learnt as much as I can about the history and watched the old races and classic moments etc, I was only a little lad when he died so I've done all my growing up on Schumacher/Hakkinen etc. so I've only watched the tapes of Senna, but yeah, he was that talented and he was that good, and on Prost, well even if he hated Senna's guts out, regardless of whether Ayrton had died or not there's more to life than an on track rivalry and its good he's moved on, we can all be cunts at various points in our lives, Senna was a "personality" which like Mario could rub some people, particularly those in authority, the wrong way, but geniuses are never boring, are they?

Makes it all the more joyous to watch the players we have and the likes of Messi, they're my generation of superstars who in 10/20 years time we'll be take the young lot how good they were ;).

-- Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 am --

Blootoof said:
He dieded then

No it was staged, he's doing a live duet whilst on tour with Elvis at the moment.

It is well known in the F1 circles he was on acid

Blootoof said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

Makes it all the more joyous to watch the players we have and the likes of Messi, they're my generation of superstars who in 10/20 years time we'll be take the young lot how good they were ;).

Blootoof said:
He dieded then

it is well known in the BM circles that you're being a complete arse.

you have no proof, and nowhere have I ever even heard a whisper about it.

and even if he was, what's it to you? and what are you insinuating?

Blootoof said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

Blootoof said:
He dieded then

Indulge us.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Blootoof said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Indulge us.

If he was on weed. He would have come to a stop before the corner and just laughed.

The skunk flags would be out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.