Sensible Poster's

meldrew

Please come back, we've been over run here!

Anyone with a sensible point of view or any input into how the rest of our season will transpire, this is the thread for you......

meldrew said:

Anyone with a sensible point of view or any input into how the rest of our season will transpire, this is the thread for you......

By 'sensible point of view', do you mean people who you agree with?

meldrew said:

I feel 4th is very achievable if we can pick up at least a draw at Chelsea and win our game in hand with Everton.

Though I'd be happy with any European football for next year, because the team can gain a lot from playing across Europe. So as I've said consistantly I'd be happy with top 6.

Well I think we'll do better than last season. Has worked already in the CC and the FAC. We've got a much more qualitative squad than last season, but we will need to up the performances if we are serious about top six let alone being in the NewTopFour.

hgblue said:
meldrew said:

No, I want to here from people who have structure to there answers, not just the usual shite that's brought up!

Poster's who can see the bigger picture!

Sure a few result's have been disappointing but Rome was not built in a day and I think the majority on here need to see that!

We are 5th with a game in hand and have gotten to the semi's of the Carling Cup and the 5th round of the FA Cup. We've had a few iffy games but look at our results at home including results against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and United! Away against Liverpool and the 4-3 against them.

There's a lot of heart in them games, all we need is to find the consistency on the field and off it, in regards to the manager and I can see a lot of progress!

Would any of us refused the position we are in at the moment in the days of Pearce and the latter stages of Erikkson's reign?

Would we bollocks!

We HAVE come a long way in a short space of time!

People need to wake up!

meldrew said:
hgblue said:

No, I want to here from people who have structure to there answers, not just the usual shite that's brought up!

Sure a few result's have been disappointing but Rome was not built in a day and I think the majority on here need to see that!

We are 5th with a game in hand and have gotten to the semi's of the Carling Cup and the 5th round of the FA Cup. We've had a few iffy games but look at our results at home including results against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and United! Away against Liverpool and the 4-3 against them.

There's a lot of heart in them games, all we need is to find the consistency on the field and off it, in regards to the manager and I can see a lot of progress!

Would any of us refused the position we are in at the moment in the days of Pearce and the latter stages of Erikkson's reign?

Would we bollocks!

People need to wake up!

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. I have to say, I don't think we've made much progress since Mancini took over. In fact, in some respects, I reckon we've gone backwards. I just got the feeling from your Thread title, that this was another 'everything in the garden is rosy, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot' type thread.

meldrew said:

Would we bollocks!

People need to wake up!

I am so tired of this "We are 4th/5th/6th with a game in hand" bollocks. First it was "We have two games in hand" and when we fucked that up it was "we still got one game in hand" . Fact is we are sliding down the table and our remaining games are harder than the ones for the teams around us. We have to play Chelsea and Arsenal away, Villa and Spurs at home. Each and every fucking team out there will absolutely LOVE to play us because they know that if they rough us up just a little bit we will falter.

You draw comparisons to Pearce and Erikson... correct me if i am wrong but between Pearce/ Erikson and now we have spent what 200m on new players? Of course expectations will rise.

Yes we have come a long way but at the same time 4th was there to grab this season. If we had not lost to Hull and actually tried to win against Liverpool we could be out of sight already but instead we are sliding down the table like a wet pancake.

What are supporters ? followers of the team no matter what. That said we have been given a golden ticket by our owners that enables us to watch the start of a building campaign to make us one of the biggest clubs in the world. I think 10 year project was mentioned ? Well its not been 2 years yet but we are challenging for 4th place and have players of fantastic quality that will eventually bring success with a few more additions. FFS why are we all so impatient ? We are lucky and what a hand we have been dealt, just don' bite it,

I actually feel better today as a city fan than I have done all season. The reason for feeling better, is I have finally let go off my unrealistic expectations for this season and I remember that as a football fan who was raised to stick by my team thick and thin, I have no more right to experience my club being successful than any other football fan.

Money alone cannot buy success. We need strength and character and that can only come with time.

Our time will come but as the great Morrissey once sang: "you just haven't earned it yet baby"

I am looking at the bigger picture when I say Mancini is simply not the man for the job. We are getting worse not better !

Would any other top 4 team play three defensive players away at Stoke ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.