Sergej Milinković-Savić

In the next few years we should look to sign one or two players like this per summer transfer window just to keep the squad ticking over but recently we’ve needed to bring in 7 or 8 players which precludes spending this much on one player. In the future we will need to start paying these 100m fees if we are to keep improving the squad.

Think he's too talented going forward to play the pivot for us. He's going to want to play further up the pitch wherever he moves to.

Fernandinho spends more time in the attacking third of the opposition pitch than most other teams attacking midfielders, he's got all the license in the world to get forwards and particularly to shoot from around the box.

On top of that, with Kev increasingly going to deeper midfield positions when we are trying to break teams down, you'd get some nice rotation in the midfield without leaving us too exposed.

And of course if we played 352 then you'd have an extra CB to protect against counter attacks while SMS was roving forwards.

I think it could definitely work if we wanted it to. As has been pointed out hundreds of times on this thread already - Fernandinho was a box to box midfielder before he arrived here, not a pivot.

Fernandinho spends more time in the attacking third of the opposition pitch than most other teams attacking midfielders, he's got all the license in the world to get forwards and particularly to shoot from around the box.

On top of that, with Kev increasingly going to deeper midfield positions when we are trying to break teams down, you'd get some nice rotation in the midfield without leaving us too exposed.

And of course if we played 352 then you'd have an extra CB to protect against counter attacks while SMS was roving forwards.

I think it could definitely work if we wanted it to. As has been pointed out hundreds of times on this thread already - Fernandinho was a box to box midfielder before he arrived here, not a pivot.

That's fair and I'm not saying I don't want him (although for the supposed price tag I'm wary), just that it seems he would be most effective in our system where Silva and De Bruyne play, and I think that is the last position we need to spend big on this summer.

Can't keep scoring this season, but i don't think he'll be as effective as the deeplying midfielder in a system like ours.

Good God what a performance today. I hope we make an attempt to sign this lad, even at the silly money it will cost. 80-90 million could look like a bargain a little ways down the road. I scoffed at 54 million for Kev and look how that turned out.

Why?

Serious question what do they have to offer that we don't?

I think most players would choose Pep over Mourinho too. If we want him (big if) then he'll be here. I just hope we want him as he seems to be a perfect fit for us in a position we need to strengthen.

£££££££££ is the reason.

The gouger also said they need a midfielder. Lazio will want crazy money and they know they can get that and more from the rags. Can see them gettin €120m+ for him.

IIRC He likes the rags or said something positive about them.

Wonder if PSG would be interested in him. They could use help in midfield and he'll be one of the top players available this summer, not to mention they can afford him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.