Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Think this deserves a separate thread on the main forum, so fuck off mods with your merging!

What are people’s thoughts on the likelihood of Sergio extending for another year, to the summer of 2022?

I’m starting to get more hopeful, but it’s a well-established fact that I'm like a giddy groupie at the mere mention of his name. I’m not capable of rational thought on the subject.

Notwithstanding that, I reckon he could go on for at least two seasons after this, at this level, injuries permitting.

He’s adjusted his game before, no reason he can’t keep adapting, Like all truly great players do btw. That’s how they remain great.

I think Sergio is a truly great player and I see no compelling reason why he can’t remain a top player until his early mid-thirties.
Here are my predictions:
He’ll hit and surpass 260 Prem goals at City
He’ll retire at City at 36

Just looked up premier league best strike rate
19-Sanchez
15-Wright
13-Owen
11-Shearer
10-Costa
7-Van Persie
6-Suarez
4-Van Nistlerooy
3-Henry
2-Kane
1-Aguero

seems being a great goal scorer gives you a good chance of player of the year, also means being greatest of the lot doesn’t count for much

Is the strike rate.

Goals per shot?
Or something else maybe goals per min played?

He's a rare example of a player that's improved himself despite physically not being what he quite once was. And considering how important that aspect of his game used to be it's a huge achievement by him. No wonder he keeps banging them in.

Provided he is still playing well next season i reckon another year is on,if he is waivering i'll go all kathy bates on him
What? with a hammer? Not sure you have thought this through Karen unless the objective is to keep him as a sex slave :-)

No foreign player has ever scored 300 goals for an English club before.

That will be his big record. Don't think he'll get 260 unless he has a couple of 35+ PL goal seasons which seems unlikely at his age and given he's never got above 26 before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.