#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he can get up to speed in record time,which even in his prime after injury he never did......then i really dont see why we are wasting time with him when others can contribute more.

^^^ This 100%

There's no room for sentiment. Sergio was light years behind the rest of the team yesterday, and while he may yet pop up with the occasional goal, he simply doesn't fit into the current Pep system, and is now a bench player at best.

TV made much of this being Sergio's "farewell tour"... I sincerely wouldn't expect Pep / City to fall into that trap - I'd hate to see Aguero become our 2021 version of Rodney Marsh

^^^ This 100%

There's no room for sentiment. Sergio was light years behind the rest of the team yesterday, and while he may yet pop up with the occasional goal, he simply doesn't fit into the current Pep system, and is now a bench player at best.

TV made much of this being Sergio's "farewell tour"... I sincerely wouldn't expect Pep / City to fall into that trap - I'd hate to see Aguero become our 2021 version of Rodney Marsh
I just think that surely Serg’s best chance of influencing a game is in the last 20 mins when hopefully the oppositions’ legs have slowed a bit, starting a game is too much for him currently.

Well he would be a superb fit for Pep's City.
I'm not convinced that Kane would/could work hard enough to fit in the current City team but he has got 19 goals and 13 assists in 28 league games this season (top scorer and assist maker) .

Those numbers would make it worth considering adapting the team to accommodate such a player. I think that he is a little too old and injury prone to pay what Levy would demand and to make radical changes to the team for but anyone who says he is not a very good player is deluded.

Something positive in Aguero's favour is that we kept Leicester pinned in rather comfortably in the time he was on the pitch.

I'm sure he will be create some typical Kun moments of brilliance before the season comes to a close. I don't frequent any other forums but the way in which players are written off here without hesitation is scary..

Some posts are disgusting!
No one is slagging sergio off, and I'm sure every single poster who is saying sergio can't do it in this team says it with a heavy heart, but the evidence is sergio is now not what we need, nothing disgusting about it just reality , he will always be a legend and I'm sure every city hope's he's got that one more special moment, I certainly wouldn't put it past him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.