Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Yeah that would be better than trying to compare strikers in 2019 with people like Dixie Dean.

For about 6 or 7 reasons - offside rule reaching it's current iteration, passback rule coming in, Sky money arriving, Bosman rule changing transfers, the change to a 38 game season, the creation of the Champions League, introduction of the transfer window and a few others - the early 1990's is about when this current modern era of football started.

So "Premier League" only stats serve a really useful purpose, if you're actually trying to compare things in any meaningful way.

Unfortunately a few years ago, a few people started to think that complaining that a stat doesn't include someone scoring 80 goals a season in the interwar years was being "a proper oldschool football fan" instead of just being a boring c*nt.

So now every 3 months when it comes up, people have to have this argument where you make your comment, and someone has to rightfully point out that no one gives a fuck how Aguero compares to someone to all intents and purposes playing a completely different sport in the 20's.

Scoring the most goals for 1 club in the 2010's has nothing to do with people who played 1 game a week until they were 45 with an average of 5 goals scored in a game because defending hadn't been invented yet, against keepers who didn't even have gloves and heading a ball which was so heavy it's given them dementia. There's just no point comparing them. So instead everyone sensible uses 1992.
I think that's pretty well thought out

Just watched his hat tricks show on Sky Sports. I didn't realise how many of them came in the 2nd half of his City career.

Some ridiculous finishes too. Excellent variety.

Just watched his hat tricks show on Sky Sports. I didn't realise how many of them came in the 2nd half of his City career.

Some ridiculous finishes too. Excellent variety.

I think 8 have come under Pep. Was it 3 last season?

Makes you wonder how many he would have if Pep arrived in 2013.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.