Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

He’s 8th in the all-time premier league goal scoring charts now on 153 (in 223 games).

9 behind Defoe (162) in 7th (in 496 games).
22 behind Henry (175) in 5th (in 258 games).
34 behind Cole (167) in 3rd (in 414 games).

I’d love him to get third spot! Would probably take another 12 this season and 23 next to get there though. He’s not signed to us beyond then is he?
I think he's got one more year after that on his contract, same as Pep.

Without the injuries he'd have done it imo.
Nah, he's 107 behind and at most has missed maybe one full season through injury? Add in anything like the 74 league goals he scored between the ages of 18 and 23 for Atleti and he'd have a shout. Shrek wasn't at Sergio's level as a goalscorer but would have caught Shearer if he'd stayed focused on football and staying fit, as he met the criteria of starting out at a PL club and blooming early.

Nah, he's 107 behind and at most has missed maybe one full season through injury?
I think with injuries you have to factor in how many games it takes Sergio to get his rhythm back. It's not just the games he missed through injury but also the period just after coming back into the team when he's a bit rusty where he's missed out on scoring a lot more goals.

I think with injuries you have to factor in how many games it takes Sergio to get his rhythm back. It's not just the games he missed through injury but also the period just after coming back into the team when he's a bit rusty where he's missed out on scoring a lot more goals.
Shearer missed games too mate, had near a full season out in (I think) 97-98 after blowing out his knee and wasn't right for a long time after that, every player on that list had injuries and patches of bad form.
Even without injuries 107 more goals would be a ridiculous ask in the time he'll be here. He won't catch Shearer as he won't have 14 years to do it in.

Does anyone see Sergio beating Alan Shearers all time league record for goals? I don't think he will do that however can see him beating Rooney's.
No.

But there is a chance he could get into the 200 club.

Only 27 people have scored over 200 league goals in English football. Kun is a fair way away and will need to score 47 goals in 55 games.

Maybe give him the target of being City’s all-time top league goal scorer first maybe
(Tommy Johnson is #1 with 158)

No.

But there is a chance he could get into the 200 club.

Only 27 people have scored over 200 league goals in English football. Kun is a fair way away and will need to score 47 goals in 55 games.

Maybe give him the target of being City’s all-time top league goal scorer first maybe
(Tommy Johnson is #1 with 158)
I could've sworn he has two more seasons after this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.