Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Course it isn’t. The tally is most important, the GPM is only a side stat really.
3 Dixie Dean 310
4 Gordon Hodgson 287
5 Alan Shearer 283
6= David Jack 257
6= Charlie Buchan 257
8 Nat Lofthouse 255
9 Joe Bradford 248
10 Hughie Gallacher 246

Football didn’t begin in 1992.

It’s like the Vardy “record” the other year. He didn’t break any record. Jimmy Dunne holds the record Vardy didn’t break.
Little bit of Ancient History, David Jack (no 6 on the list) scored the first goal in the first FA cup at Wembley.

9 of the top 12 are English

I thought there was a derth of home grown talent and PL clubs didn’t give English players a chance!?!?
The English players all spent around 15 years playing in the league, Aguero is on his 7th, think Henry did similar?

The English players all spent around 15 years playing in the league, Aguero is on his 7th, think Henry did similar?

Yeah you’re right... but Sergio and Henry are exceptional. Two of the best strikers to have ever graced the English game. Terry Henry is probably my favourite ever (non city) player.. reminds me a lot of me in my pomp in the Oldham Sunday league back in the day

Course it isn’t. The tally is most important, the GPM is only a side stat really.
3 Dixie Dean 310
4 Gordon Hodgson 287
5 Alan Shearer 283
6= David Jack 257
6= Charlie Buchan 257
8 Nat Lofthouse 255
9 Joe Bradford 248
10 Hughie Gallacher 246

Football didn’t begin in 1992.

It’s like the Vardy “record” the other year. He didn’t break any record. Jimmy Dunne holds the record Vardy didn’t break.
If its goals per min. The little pea is better than Van persie, Shearer and Suarez. As you said load of bollocks.

Last edited:
Yeah you’re right... but Sergio and Henry are exceptional. Two of the best strikers to have ever graced the English game. Terry Henry is probably my favourite ever (non city) player.. reminds me a lot of me in my pomp in the Oldham Sunday league back in the day
I was more of a right sided Leroy Sanè in my Airport Hotel days. Used to love wearing the famous blue, white and orange stripes.

Oldham Sunday league? I was the main man in that :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.