Sergio Agüero - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous,sergio is our greatest ever goalscorer,he has got there by relying on his instincts in the main,in hindsight he could have passed but we won so who cares honestly

Nobody is disputing that Aguero is our greatest ever goalscorer but he should have passed.

Pep will care because games like thag can easily be swung on those moments.

Nah, can’t accept this. I’m not that miffed that he didn’t pass it, but no doubt he should have. To now explain it by saying if Kev would have missed Aguero would get pellers, nonsense. Passing was the right play in that situation and he didn’t make the right decision. If Kev would’ve missed, it would’ve been on him. In real honesty at 1-0 he should have definitely passed it as the game was still the balance. At 2-0 or any other favorable score line, I’m fine with him taking the shot but at 1-0, you gotta kill the game off.
He didn't see De Bruyne, never even looked over at him after the miss.

Nobody is disputing that Aguero is our greatest ever goalscorer but he should have passed.

You are probably right but as i said before he has scored from that position many times,he can score from ridiculous angles,i would rather have a player who is confident and backs himself to score than not,it's not as if he never passes it because he does

I don't think he merits the non-pass being called disgraceful (or whatever, the specific word doesn't matter). Karen's post above is a sensible spin, his confidence is admirable and it's an attacking equivalent of Stones in 16/17 trying to pass out of the back despite being under pressure when a clearance makes sense (maybe that's tenuous..). But whilst he SHOULD have passed, there's a positive to be taken because there's a lot to be learned from this situation.

I honestly reckon Sergio's going to be working on his shooting harder than ever for the next week to make up for that. Plus he'll probably pass next time, maybe when it matters more. He could be a much better player simply because of one embarrassingly incorrect decision.

Basically, it would have been more disgraceful to his development AND our season's fortunes long term if he DID pass. What a hero! (please don't take those last two sentences seriously)

Guys that have scored 200 goals rarely pass when they have a one on one with the keeper because they believe they will score and that is their job.

This.

If there had just been the two of them, he probably would have seen him & passed it.

He was on his own, amongst a bunch of oppo players, as far as he knew, & is not waiting for help. Gary Neville of course, would be much more aware in that situation.

My only criticism is that he should have shifted his run, moved the keeper & scored.

I never expected him to pass. I did expect him to score. It's not even like it was a good save. He telegraphed that finish so much I expected a dummy and for him to round Cech to the right. To just tamely put it to that sise of the keeper was pretty amateurish.

He didn't want to see KDB and you can bet why he only looked in KDB's general direction after the miss. He knew his fault.

Sergio did have the time for a quick look but he refused to. World class players exactly know: keep your head up and watch!
I think he knew exactly if he would look to KDB, he would have to square.

He wanted to score instead - maybe PL top scorer list in mind - and yes as a CF it's his job. But not in any situation and certainly not in this one.
Season opener, Arsenal away, 2-0 on a silver plate! Come on, that could have ended in a drama for Arsenal.

He immediately knew he has fucked it up, he didn't want to look to KDB afterwords but he saw several team mates (KDB, Bernardo, Walker) looking or waving at him furiously, and his empty look towards the bench was quite telling.

I'm sure they have talked about it and had a smile afterwords, all of them. It happens. Next time will be better.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing(if he scored no-one pipes up and say he should have passed as the chance of scoring was better).. I don't think he should have passed but he should have finished. Should have passed vs Chelsea though when the angle, position ect was not in his favour

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.