Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably won’t count ones that roll over from last season will they?
Pretty sure it will, the longest unbeaten run on the leagues official website is Arsenals 49 game unbeaten which spanned two seasons so I presume its the same for players.

With his current form as long he starts I doubt it will matter!

Fancy him to do Vardy’s record me. Scored in 6 consecutive and he Vardy set the record at 11.

We’ve got Everton, Wolves, Palace, Villa, Southampton.

The only worry is if Jesus starts a few of them. Hope he does it.

They probably won’t count ones that roll over from last season will they?

7, and I’m sure when Van Nistelrooy held the record it carried from the season prior.

A bit pointless getting on his back in an 8-0 win. I said last week, that it wasn't his best performance but he's not had a "bad performance" this season to my mind. There's a big difference in holding him to a high standard and saying he was poor.

His work on and off the ball was much more like the usual standards we expect form him, from start to finish. He was in the right places, closing down, providing options and spaces for others to take advantage of and he got an assist to go with his coolly taken penalty. He also got the chances you'd expect him to get on target right, even if the keeper saved them. That header was similar to last week, he did everything right this time and was unlucky not to score.

The off target shots were the first time glanced shot into the bottom corner which he normally makes look easy(yet not many score goals like that) and the one on the stretch. Both of those are easy to ignore in what was a good performance.

I don't like how it's always Aguero vs Jesus though, Jesus will have to start to be trusted more in the same ways Aguero is sooner or later. He's a great young Brazilian striker, with a bright future, who many teams would love to take off our hands if we are not careful.

Last edited:
Contributing a goal or assist every 45 minutes in what many of us thought could be his final season here 3 years ago. The man is an absolute machine!!

Man, he really could've scored 3-4 today. Still, best ever striker in the PL.
Still very underrated by many though. I watched Saturday social on sky in the morning and one of the lads stuck his neck out and said Aguero is the best ever striker in the premier league. Cue incredulous looks from everyone else as though he wasn’t allowed to say that.

I actually believe this was Aguero’s best game this season. My MOM.

His movement off the ball was the best I have seen from him for a while and was important to the teams attacking threat. Created space for others. Was unlucky not to score with at least a couple of other attempts; a difficult header, and he hit the woodwork. 3 key passes and an assist to add to his well taken Pen. Made 40 passes which is a fair bit above his average proving that he made a big contribution to this game.

Score a couple at Goodison and King Kun will be in double digits in the league before October...

Score a couple at Goodison and King Kun will be in double digits in the league before October...

It would be jinxing it to mention another record he'd be getting near, so i won't.

He'd only be 3 games away from Vardy's 11 consecutive games scored in record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.