Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he did at times too. I put it down to the Pellegrini effect though as half the team did. However, we now have a proper manager and I'm 100% sure that will change.

Me too. I think he's got another gear or two. I think he's only played to his potential for minimal amounts of his city career, which says a lot of what I think of him,but everyone knows he's a great player. He struck me as being pandered to last season, which Pep won't have it.

If he stays injury free (or close enough) I'll be astounded if he doesn't produce his best ever season

He wasn't disinterested in my eyes. He comes across as a pretty reserved lad.

The stats that matter have been posted already.

If you offered me the same again next year I'd take it.
st

It's entirely possible that due to a succession of injuries since his second season that he's having to play within him self and 'manage' his output.

The 'same again' I'd like to see is an injury free Kun back to his peak,cos he'd get 30 + goals & we'd be real contenders for the league. Last year he was at 75% most of the time.

As some have said he has to manage himself better than in previous seasons,we have been far too reliant on him. He is our only consistent match winner which will be a problem if not rectified before the window shuts. Unfortunately,most of the talent that has been purchased since his arrival haven't lifted the pressure off him.

People say we need another great striker to take the pressure of Aguero and they're right. However, after last season I'm convinced that we already have one in Iheanacho. 14 goals and a few assists from a 19-year-old, reckon he is more than good enough as our second striker option. We also have Nolito, Bony, Sterling, Celina, Ambrose, Faupala, Sancho and Unal who can play there, plus the probability of Sané joining, another who can play up front, and the potential for De Bruyne to play as a false 9. It's also looking likely that Gabriel Jesus and Patrick Roberts will be at the club in 1-2 seasons time. I think we have enough up front personally.

Sergio was left to do what he wanted last season which coupled with our attaking malaise often resulted in him dropping way too deep in an effort to get in the action. This season he will be told where to operate and will know pretty sharpish if he deviates from the plan. I Expect him to bag in a consistent manner this season as opposed to the glut and drought of last year.

People say we need another great striker to take the pressure of Aguero and they're right. However, after last season I'm convinced that we already have one in Iheanacho. 14 goals and a few assists from a 19-year-old, reckon he is more than good enough as our second striker option. We also have Nolito, Bony, Sterling, Celina, Ambrose, Faupala, Sancho and Unal who can play there, plus the probability of Sané joining, another who can play up front, and the potential for De Bruyne to play as a false 9. It's also looking likely that Gabriel Jesus and Patrick Roberts will be at the club in 1-2 seasons time. I think we have enough up front personally.

In recent seasons we had a combination of Carlitos,Kun,Mario,Edin,Jojo,Beast +YAYA & Merlin.
By comparison we now look very lightweight.

He's great isn't he! Come on Serg shake those summer barbecues off and get 40 goals for us this year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.