Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah because it wasn't like this last season. Or even before the crash (I wonder what this thread looked like after the Everton and Liverpool home games at the start of the season - very different I suspect)

What's your problem? Why are you seeing this as criticism? Why do you ignore the part where I say he's BETTER THAN KDB at his best (who else has said that?) and focus on the bit where I say he's essentially erratic? Because he is.

How many times, this season and last have you had to come on here and defend him two minutes after a game has finished because people are calling for his head? Only for the entire forum to unite in praise the next week after a good game? And then back to criticism again etc?

The question effectively was why is Aguero underrated. Not why is Aguero rubbish. Not why we need to get rid of Aguero. Just why some people might UNDERRATE him. And I'm telling you why, it's because he has and always has been since the Pellegrini days an inconsistent player. A player who goes from brilliance to average and back again more than anyone. I say people underrate him because they hold him to the highest standards and he often doesn't hit them. I'm not saying it's HIS fault, but it happens.

I'm not having a go at him, despite what you think. I'm just trying to suggest why he's underrated beyond lazily suggesting 'rag media'.

Oh and I know inconsistency is human. But judging by people's reactions in these player threads we have a lot of players who are very inhuman.

So why do you think he's underrated then?

I think this is spot on. Sergio is Sergio he isnt very consistent but when he hits his top level he is every bit the game changer his best mate at Barca is.

As for comparison with KDB very difficult as they are such different players and different characters. KDB is almost the perfect player with an ability to understand and read every aspect of the game, he can also communicate it, I expect a conversation between him and Pep would make the rest of the squads heads spin. Sergio is a very slightly flawed genius who can be devastating when he hits the right note. They are both reasons why I believe that Manchester City can win the Champions League this season or next.

On fire at the moment.

What a goal tonight!!! Thought his overall play was excellent as well.

If that wasn't a "Pep" performance tonight then nothing is. He was everywhere linking up play, great dribble to set up Gundogan, dropping back into midfield to help out and even covering the 18 yard box at times. Obviously took his goal very well too. Clearly still the main man and the doubters need to give their heads a serious wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.