Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt have his shooting boots on tonight , but he will still notch 30 goals this season and not get a mention in the Premier League team of the year , its the City way ,we must be the only team to win a title and not get individual awards.

What did folks think about Aguero today? I thought he was pretty wasteful in front of goal. In games like this you don't get many chances and so when you do you've got to be very clinical. We lacked that finishing touch today and I also observed the same thing vs Feynoord. At this rate I'd like to see Jesus get his chance.

What did folks think about Aguero today? I thought he was pretty wasteful in front of goal. In games like this you don't get many chances and so when you do you've got to be very clinical. We lacked that finishing touch today and I also observed the same thing vs Feynoord. At this rate I'd like to see Jesus get his chance.

I thought pep got this back to front, was a perfect game to start Jesus with his ability to receive the ball at pace in and around the 18 yard box. He'll start Wednesday but it would probably be more suited to Kun...

I thought pep got this back to front, was a perfect game to start Jesus with his ability to receive the ball at pace in and around the 18 yard box. He'll start Wednesday but it would probably be more suited to Kun...

I think Gabby could run rings around Van Dijk on Wednesday, I'd like to see us try something a little different in shape to get the most out of Bernardo, as I think Kevin needs a rest in the week but there's little point sticking Bernardo on the wing again.

He kept going I thought. Not a terrible performance. His worst bit was the lack of control from Silva's through ball. Good touch there and he was in. His other attempts were ok. Nothing spectacular but space was at a premium

I think Gabby could run rings around Van Dijk on Wednesday, I'd like to see us try something a little different in shape to get the most out of Bernardo, as I think Kevin needs a rest in the week but there's little point sticking Bernardo on the wing again.

Van Dijk struggles with players who can play with there back to goal, Jesus is more on the front foot which may work against him.... agree about Kev, however I'd be looking more at the West Ham gave for that swap, keeping him fresh going in to the Derby!

My concern is when the ball goes out wide and we're in behind the opponent; you rarely see Aguero attack the front post at speed and get ahead of his marker these days. The goal he got at Boro in the cup for me is the trademark striker's goal, and these days he has started to drop back too much or not even bother making that run.

Van Dijk struggles with players who can play with there back to goal, Jesus is more on the front foot which may work against him.... agree about Kev, however I'd be looking more at the West Ham gave for that swap, keeping him fresh going in to the Derby!

I think Kev's drop-off the past 2 games says take him out now. I think Jesus has more to his game than he's necessarily shown this season, he's been a great, prolific finisher, but I think there's more to his game that he can bring out.

Not the best of games for Kun but on a positive note I’m no longer stressed out when he steps up to take the penalty. A couple games as a sub will wake him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.