Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is when the ball goes out wide and we're in behind the opponent; you rarely see Aguero attack the front post at speed and get ahead of his marker these days. The goal he got at Boro in the cup for me is the trademark striker's goal, and these days he has started to drop back too much or not even bother making that run.
I was going to make the same remark as the bolded and I do not mean to knock him down as even Jesus has his downsides and has a lot to do to come close to equalling
Aguero's impact since he's been here but if you've been observing, you'll notice that Jesus has a knack for running in behind the last defender. Playing this way he is bound to get caught in offside traps but in persisting with this approach he has scored a number of goals (a couple offside goals inclusive). I'd like to see him play tomorrow.

Needs to up his game again to the level he was at before the car crash at the moment he is at the last two season's level and it isn't good enough

I think he's suffering from the lack of Mendy.

He's always been at his best in a 2 up top and without Mendy that can't happen. I mean, people are blaming the car crash but Mendy got injured the week before and I think that's more significant.

Signing a natural LB in January could make the difference

Last two games he played were below average. The problem is that Jesus isn't in any better form too. KDB is bit below the standards from earlier this season. That's the main reason why we had to grind last few wins, it all felt to Sterling.

We need our strikers back in form asap. Or at least one of them. It's tricky part of the season and it's going to be hard to continue grinding the wins like this for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.