#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
fe9048ccad43094a63031853a5b4512e.jpg

Spoke to Sergio this morning on princess parkway. He even waved bye to me as I peeled off for work. Absolute legend and has put a smile on my face for sure.
Unlike mahrez a few weeks ago who just ignored me .
Cheers serg
That's class. Fair play Sergio!

fe9048ccad43094a63031853a5b4512e.jpg

Spoke to Sergio this morning on princess parkway. He even waved bye to me as I peeled off for work. Absolute legend and has put a smile on my face for sure.
Unlike mahrez a few weeks ago who just ignored me .
Cheers serg
Ffs was probably told some guy is stalking the players on the princess parkway,& taking pics whilst driving..

I was just reminiscing to Aguero’s debut all those years ago. I remember my jaw literally hanging open and saying to my self, a la Conor McGregor, “who the fuck is this guy!”. He was absolutely devastating. He’s not even a shadow of his former self yet he’s still hanging about. This absolutely has to be his last season with us. I’d say he’s already been here minimum 1 season too long.

When you think of how many times he’ll be injured, let’s be kind and say 3 separate injuries over the season, each one, being kind again, he’s out for a month, that’s 20-24 games missed. Then as we all know it takes him, let’s be kind again, 6 games to regain sharpness. That totals 42 games missed / regaining sharpness which could mean we’re getting peak Aguero for less than 10 games in a season.

It’s utter madness that we’ve let it get to this point without replacing him.

I was just reminiscing to Aguero’s debut all those years ago. I remember my jaw literally hanging open and saying to my self, a la Conor McGregor, “who the fuck is this guy!”. He was absolutely devastating. He’s not even a shadow of his former self yet he’s still hanging about. This absolutely has to be his last season with us. I’d say he’s already been here minimum 1 season too long.

When you think of how many times he’ll be injured, let’s be kind and say 3 separate injuries over the season, each one, being kind again, he’s out for a month, that’s 20-24 games missed. Then as we all know it takes him, let’s be kind again, 6 games to regain sharpness. That totals 42 games missed / regaining sharpness which could mean we’re getting peak Aguero for less than 10 games in a season.

It’s utter madness that we’ve let it get to this point without replacing him.
One of my "favourite" Kun stats is that the most minutes he has played in the league was in 11/12 - his first season at City. It really puts his achievements in perspective. If he was even 20% more fit than he usually is, he would have broken every single goal scoring record in this country. Ridiculous player. It will be decades before we find someone better than him and I'm not placing any bets.

One of my "favourite" Kun stats is that the most minutes he has played in the league was in 11/12 - his first season at City. It really puts his achievements in perspective. If he was even 20% more fit than he usually is, he would have broken every single goal scoring record in this country. Ridiculous player. It will be decades before we find someone better than him and I'm not placing any bets.
I fully agree. We’ll never get another as good as he was. I think we’ve fallen into the trap of thinking he’s still as good as he was at the beginning. He’s no where near. Absolutely no where near. But because the decline has been so gradual and over so many years I think not many have realised.

I fully agree. We’ll never get another as good as he was. I think we’ve fallen into the trap of thinking he’s still as good as he was at the beginning. He’s no where near. Absolutely no where near. But because the decline has been so gradual and over so many years I think not many have realised.
It's difficult to see as well because he never really peaked or bottomed out due to adapting his game as the physical decline kicked in.

He was a much different player when he arrived to the one he became. He was an absolute livewire when he rocked up but then the injuries came in. Then he became an even more lethal sharp shooter under Pellegrini. Then under Guardiola his game style changed again to be a more rounded forward.

As his injuries and age caught up causing him to decline one way, he improved in so many areas that it kept everything on a level instead of going one way or another. Aguero in 17/18 was not as explosive as Aguero in 11/12, but they were equally good because of how he adapted.

He deserves a lot of credit actually. Most players who get bad injuries or have age related decline tend to just get worse, but Aguero actually managed to stay at the top level throughout. I think his happy-go-lucky demeanour hides the fact that actually he's always been serious business. Hopefully when the time comes he gets his recognition on this specific front.

in 15 mins he was more of a goal threat that Jesus has been in the last 5 or 6 games.

He may be getting on and not as quick as he used to be but his instinct for goal is unparraleled -

Jesus is not his replacement and if/when he does hang up his boots we need to buy absolute quality to have an chance of even getting close to replacing him.....

in 15 mins he was more of a goal threat that Jesus has been in the last 5 or 6 games.

He may be getting on and not as quick as he used to be but his instinct for goal is unparraleled -

Jesus is not his replacement and if/when he does hang up his boots we need to buy absolute quality to have an chance of even getting close to replacing him.....
Some might make a case for Jesus' work rate and what he contributes defensively.

But personally, I don't want a striker that can defend, I want a striker that can score.

Sergio in his first few years was a joy to watch. We played Spurs away in 13/14 I think it was, I think he just came back from injury and he ripped them to bits. I remember thinking if he could stay fit, he’d be challenging Messi and Ronaldo, he was that good. That burst of power he used to have is hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.