#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Kun, Benzama and Lewandoeski some of the last of a dying breed? Football clubs need to have a long hard look at how they’re developing young/youth strikers, because far too many don’t understand the striker role anymore.

Back in the 90s, teams played with two up top and across Europe dozens of teams had really good strikers.

Now, I’m not sure I could name half a dozen really good true strikers in world football.

When he came on against Marseille and last night, the difference in quality of runs and understanding of where to be and what to do we’re stark compared to what we’ve had this season from Torres Jesus Sterling and Mahrez (who’ve all played as the striker at some point or another due to Kun and Jesus’ injury lay-offs).

I don’t think neither Jesus or Torres are 9s. Jesus should play on the left of a front 3 for me. But then there aren’t that many true 9s across the sport as a whole neither anymore.

Football needs to book its bloody ideas up with this!

Tbf to Torres, he's never claimed to be a 9, so we can't really judge him against Aguero's natural striking instincts!

Said it in the match thread but he got in behind 3 times in his 15 minute cameo just by his movement of dropping off behind the defenders shoulder. Praying he can get up and running again soon.

Anyone else starting to become concerned with Aguero’s game time?

Totally understand why we’re trying to build his fitness and not rush him back but would’ve expected a build up of minutes more so than he’s been getting

Totally understand why we’re trying to build his fitness and not rush him back but would’ve expected a build up of minutes more so than he’s been getting
I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens once he finally gets regular minutes. I do get where you're coming from though.

Don't think it's anything more than his fitness. We don't wanna rush him and risk another long term injury. We are doing well the past couple of games, so there's no call to rush Aguero in.

you would hope they are pushing him harder in training to build the knee up.

On the bench tomorrow and a great option if we need a goal. Should get at least an hour against Birmingham and then we have a good run of games to help build his match fitness. Hopefully the great man gets fit as we enter the business stage of the season and has one last hurrah in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.