#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read this thread is ‘blah blah blah’ then back he comes scoring worldies then oh, fuck me, he’s still great, but next time he’s injured he’s finished..
Then he carries on scoring and then it's 'I always believed in him', before moving onto writing off the next player.

Then he carries on scoring and then it's 'I always believed in him', before moving onto writing off the next player.
No one is doubting his ability.

What they are saying, quite rightly, is that they are concerned we have been playing without a striker for majority of the season because our 32 year old striker has been out with probably his most serious injury to date. 32 years old, plagued by niggling injuries throughout his career, professional debut at 15 and hardly played for 9 months.

You’re telling me that people discussing his capability to return from this the player he once was, are misguided? He may well come back, and score plenty. Then thank fuck. He may well not, then we may shit the bed this season. It’s football, the sport is literally littered with player in their 30s who never look the same or get a long-term run of fitness again after a serious injury and surgery. They’re hardly the antithesis of a City supporter for acknowledging these possibilities.

If this situation doesn’t get the club planning for, and making moves towards, life after Aguero, then the people leading our club are more incompetent than thought of.

No one is doubting his ability.

What they are saying, quite rightly, is that they are concerned we have been playing without a striker for majority of the season because our 32 year old striker has been out with probably his most serious injury to date. 32 years old, plagued by niggling injuries throughout his career, professional debut at 15 and hardly played for 9 months.

You’re telling me that people discussing his capability to return from this the player he once was, are misguided? He may well come back, and score plenty. Then thank fuck. He may well not, then we may shit the bed this season. It’s football, the sport is literally littered with player in their 30s who never look the same or get a long-term run of fitness again after a serious injury and surgery. They’re hardly the antithesis of a City supporter for acknowledging these possibilities.

If this situation doesn’t get the club planning for, and making moves towards, life after Aguero, then the people leading our club are more incompetent than thought of.
1) I never suggested people were doubting his ability.

2) There's a difference between stating valid and genuine concern over his injury record and stating that he's done for altogether. There were 5 of the latter kind of posts on the previous page. And 3 on the prior.

It's getting time I'm afraid.

I hate even thinking of writing him off but, since the initial lockdown after the raggy derby he's played around 2 full games over 4/5 matches.

He'll always be a hero & legend but, trying to get to the fitness level we require isn't doing him any good.

It'd be great if he could get 20 more goals for us over all compies to get to 400 & 3 more International caps for 100.
He should be given every chance to get back but if he is still out come January the club have a decision to make particularly if Jesus were to get another knock. In those circumstances a loan move for backup at the very least would seem prudent.

It would be stupid at this stage not to assume that Sergio is on his way out if not already knackered, and that surely must involve getting in at least one decent striker preferably in January.

If Sergio gets back to something like his best then that should be considered a bonus. It does seem to me that this striker problem is a re run of the defensive issue following Kompany starting to fade and then leave without it would seem any great urgency to fill what was going to be a very large hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.