Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

It is a very disappointing end when the club have always let the oldies decide when to leave , leaves a very sour taste in my mouth , very sour
Come on Kaz - Kun is a legend, and he'll get a statue along with Komps and El Mago.

There comes a time where players move on though, Kun just doesn't have it in the locker to continue with the physical element of the PL. I actually think the club are doing ok by him - he'll get a cracking signing on bonus and play in a league that's a lot less physical.

I will miss him greatly, but the memories won't fade

Come on Kaz - Kun is a legend, and he'll get a statue along with Komps and El Mago.

There comes a time where players move on though, Kun just doesn't have it in the locker to continue with the physical element of the PL. I actually think the club are doing ok by him - he'll get a cracking signing on bonus and play in a league that's a lot less physical.

I will miss him greatly, but the memories won't fade
He has clearly been moved on to accomodate haaland , pushed out

It is a very disappointing end when the club have always let the oldies decide when to leave , leaves a very sour taste in my mouth , very sour

Only because that is what you want the story to be, and how younhave formed it and won't look at it any other way.

He wasn't offered to anyone before his contract came to an end, like silva zabba and vince, he got to see his contract out. It is literally no different. All would have seen reduced roles, all chose to move on, all were thanked very publicly.

Only because that is what you want the story to be, and how younhave formed it and won't look at it any other way.

He wasn't offered to anyone before his contract came to an end, like silva zabba and vince, he got to see his contract out. It is literally no different. All would have seen reduced roles, all chose to move on, all were thanked very publicly.
They are not sergio and he doesnt want to leave imo

Tolmie was clear , a signal had to go out that he was not in the way of haaland

We're all entitled to an opinion, and I respect yours.

I actually doubt we'll get Haaland due to the "politics" of the move.

It's not about that though - as I stated previously, Kun is leaving on good terms, will make a decent amount from it, and end up in a much less physical league.

(If we wanted to keep every player on emotional grounds we'd end up with a squad of 50 players most of them over 40yrs)

We're all entitled to an opinion, and I respect yours.

I actually doubt we'll get Haaland due to the "politics" of the move.

It's not about that though - as I stated previously, Kun is leaving on good terms, will make a decent amount from it, and end up in a much less physical league.

(If we wanted to keep every player on emotional grounds we'd end up with a squad of 50 players most of them over 40yrs)
True , this is sergio , i am having a problem with the ending of this story , i am emotional about it , it doesnt feel like the others

Kaz I understand your sentiment, but think about this. If El Magico had stayed another year it would maybe have hampered Phil Fodens progress. If Vinnie had stayed on, would we have signed Dias? If Zabba had stayed would we have signed Cancelo? Maybe, the timings aren't necessarily true, but you get my drift? Things move on and morph into something greater.

Kun would get less and less game time and it would have been a less dignified departure, how ever painful it seems.

Have we signed Haaland, have I missed this? He clearly hasn't, that is just not true. His contract has come to an end, his involvement and availability just doesn't make him first choice any more, and it is fair not to expect him not to settle for anything less, and for the club not to commit to anything more. It would he irresponsible and selfish, to Sergio of all people.

I myself couldn't stomach him being misled into extending only to be used as a bit part impact player with an occasional cameo. I'm surprised at how many want this for him, or think it fine to expect that of him. I also would struggle with him being a constant focus of attention in a 'will he, won't he, when will he, why isn't he getting to play' drama.
What I am totally fine is him moving on with the best wishes and gratitude. Anywhere he wants to go.

Possibly, although I believe Pep spoke to him directly, rather than the club, to explain the reasoning behind it.

I think that is the least Sergio deserved.

Would I like him to stay if he was willing to accept rotation, of course I would, but he's not that type of guy to settle for second best.

City are in a tough spot because they only have Sergio's injury record over the last 12 months or so to make an informed decision on and he's simply not the same player he was.

The availability of Haaland means City have probably had to act and I'm sure that is a motivating factor for the club, coupled with the huge wages Kun also gets.
Taking everything into consideration, and reading that, it sounds like an emotional, painful but ultimately justifiable and logical decision.

i think we all know what's happening with aguero ? he's off to Barcelona to play a couple of season with his mate messi and nobody can judge his choice and he goes with our blessing

if messi was coming here it would have be the fairy tale ending for aguero and both could have had a swan song Indian summer couple of season at manchester city. but sadly messi can not leave Barcelona they have him banged to rights with a crazy offer and a share in the club and fans would question him leaving with that offer on the table

aguero can not play 30 games a season in england the injuries have caught up with him and he will be in for a couple of games out for 6 to 8 games or more. the game punishes you in england with no hiding places and every teams wants to beat you and stop you scoring

with me luck as you wave him goodbye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.