Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

True , this is sergio , i am having a problem with the ending of this story , i am emotional about it , it doesnt feel like the others
I am the same. He is the greatest. I can't cope unless he goes to play with Messi.

Give him a year contract, like Ferna. Class is permanent. Kun might have 30 or so games in him for us...zero transfer fee. Sit him down and do it. Any player who can play like that today, not just his goal...see the havoc fro the 2nd goal...is worth a year deal. Plain as day.

Sergio is the greatest striker I have seen at City, and I am so lucky to have had 10 years of watching a truely great professional.

I don't want to have to witness him not playing due to being unable to reproduce his very best out on the pitch . Injuries have been a problem for him recently and I would rather he goes to play with Messi if that is where he chooses, and have a good if short career playing and scoring more regularly.

He will join Vincent and David who have been favoutites of mine and given so much pleasure, as well as being great servants and ambassadors for the club.

You're right. When he scored that wonderful goal today I felt a mixture of happiness, nostalgia, sadness, love for this man.

I've sat in my seat at the Etihad over the years and been privileged to watch one of the greatest goalscorers ever to grace football in this country.

I badly want him to play out these remaining games with a few goals. I don't want him next season because he'll get crocked and run the risk of fading away.

Let's see Sergio play out the season so the memory is intact but let's not wish to see him in a season too far when we run the risk of remembering him not with admiration but with sympathy.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry if it doesn't.

And that is tolmie's reading of it, as much sense as it makes, doesn't make it a fact anyone can just claim. It may well be a side benefit to signal to any signing that there is a first choice space available, but I very much doubt it was the real or even primary reason for announcing it when they did. It was donevwith Sergio in mind as much as anyone. Giving him time to sort his next move out, giving him the end of the season without the pressure of his contract hanging over. That is respect in itself.

Of course it is just speculation on my part, but the timing of the announcement wasn’t long after that incident after the Monchengladbach second leg game when he was caught on camera saying “they don’t pass me the ball”, so it felt to me like the club took the opportunity of the international break to get this issue sorted before it started amounting to something bigger and more uncomfortable, which could have interfered with the rest of season

I was (still am) Yaya’s biggest fan, but I didn’t mind him leaving. And was also sad to see Zaba Kompany and DSilva leave but didn’t mind.

I feel really bothered about this. I really don’t want Kun to go. It feels like a relationship you don’t want to end, coming to an end.

I know he’s not been fit, hasn’t been able to stay fit, is 32, won’t be getting any better, we’re probably going to sign a striker this Summer and even if he stayed he’d get fewer minutes than he’d want even if he was fit ... but I think there’s unfinished business with the end of Kun’s City career!

I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about it. Seeing his face at the end of the final last week and in his interview today, I think he has that same feeling.

I think there's a lot of City supporters who feel the emotional connection they have to Sergio is different. It's different for me. I like you accepted the others leaving. This one is...... tough.

He's been the symbol of our rise to the top. Everywhere around the world, he's the player they know and associate us with. He's who the kids mainly want to be and meet. The first player we've had that you could say is a global superstar. The last of Mancini's title winning title team. And, of course, the provider of the single greatest footballing moment most of us will ever have.

Thought underneath all that, there's this genuine simplicity and shyness about him that I think most endears him to us. A child like sweetness almost, without trying to patronise him or sounds sickly. He's really just a big kid kicking a ball around, scoring goals. He loves it.

Seeing him leave really saddens me, but like with any loss, it's better to focus on what he's given us and be glad for his being.

Last edited:
Give him a year contract, like Ferna. Class is permanent. Kun might have 30 or so games in him for us...zero transfer fee. Sit him down and do it. Any player who can play like that today, not just his goal...see the havoc fro the 2nd goal...is worth a year deal. Plain as day.
He might get/want a 2/3 year elsewhere.

We saw glimpses of the old Aguero but there are no real guarantees he can stay fit for a full season and that is why the club is cutting him loose at the end of the season. One thing is for sure is whoever replaces Kun has a big job in matching his achievements.

Best striker we’ve ever had, don’t know what size haalands feet are? But he’s some serious big boots to fill (IF) he’s our next striker, cant say he’s sergio’s replacement because sergio is irreplaceable

Of course it is just speculation on my part, but the timing of the announcement wasn’t long after that incident after the Monchengladbach second leg game when he was caught on camera saying “they don’t pass me the ball”, so it felt to me like the club took the opportunity of the international break to get this issue sorted before it started amounting to something bigger and more uncomfortable, which could have interfered with the rest of season

Could well have added to the 'rush' to get it all sorted out with the rest of the season on the club's mind. Similarly there were claims about sergio talking to Barcelona, and it just made sense to not let it swirl in speculation. He wasn't 'used' to send a signal, the thing had numerous reasons for needing resolved, which was my point I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.