Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Give him another year. Who else could we find as good as Sergio ? Think the club should see how he feels when the seasons over and then make a decision.

Give him another year. Who else could we find as good as Sergio ? Think the club should see how he feels and maybe backtrack on their decision.

* after all it's not the first time we've backtracked this season :)

I very much doubt a player of his ability would be happy with a year taking him to almost 34. It will be 2/3 years he is after.

I think there's a lot of City supporters who feel the emotional connection they have to Sergio is different. It's different for me. I like you accepted the others leaving. This one is...... tough.

He's been the symbol of our rise to the top. Everywhere around the world, he's the player they know and associate us with. He's who the kids mainly want to be and meet. The first player we've had that you could say is a global superstar. The last of Mancini's title winning title team. And, of course, the provider of the single greatest footballing moment most of us will ever have.

Thought underneath all that, there's this genuine simplicity and shyness about him that I think most endears him to us. A child like sweetness almost, without trying to patronise him or sounds sickly. He's really just a big kid kicking a ball around, scoring goals. He loves it.

Seeing him leave really saddens me, but like with any loss, it's better to focus on what he's given us and be glad for his being.

A few years ago, Sergio claimed he would see his contract out here, and head back to Argentina. If he was doing that this year, maybe this 'there should be more' feeling wouldn't be there. He has had a change of heart, and wants to still play at the top level, whether here, braca one of the Italian clubs etc. So we obviously want that to be here. But I do think it would be wrong of the club to extend and have him as a bit part player. Other clubs can do that, entice him on a free with no risk to them and no loyalty to him and take a chance on the last couple years of his career. But he deserves better from us, and letting him go is that for me.

I think there's a lot of City supporters who feel the emotional connection they have to Sergio is different. It's different for me. I like you accepted the others leaving. This one is...... tough.

He's been the symbol of our rise to the top. Everywhere around the world, he's the player they know and associate us with. He's who the kids mainly want to be and meet. The first player we've had that you could say is a global superstar. The last of Mancini's title winning title team. And, of course, the provider of the single greatest footballing moment most of us will ever have.

Thought underneath all that, there's this genuine simplicity and shyness about him that I think most endears him to us. A child like sweetness almost, without trying to patronise him or sounds sickly. He's really just a big kid kicking a ball around, scoring goals. He loves it.

Seeing him leave really saddens me, but like with any loss, it's better to focus on what he's given us and be glad for his being.
I think I know what you mean about genuine simplicity or shyness. I went to the premier league trophy parade in 2012 and he was sat on the top deck of the bus. We made eye contact and he seemed to look so young and nieve. I was looking at a football genius sat down smiling at me. I'm not sure how I expected him to come across.....but it just struck me and I still remember it.

I'm sure he looks completely different to defenders on the pitch though. That's all that matters.

It's a tough one as he might have one golden season left in him as he has barely played for a year.

To counterbalance that there is no firm evidence of this plus the club couldn't insult him by offering a much smaller wedge. As many posters have said, he's not looking for one year deal but at least two.

It's time, I reluctantly think.

Eloquently put , far better than I could have expressed. Thank you.

Sorry, I don't normally reply to a post twice but it struck me that your first paragraph would reflect so many people's views that it should be inscribed on the wall inside the Etihad where they have things like my dad took me to the match and the noise was amazing....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.