Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
dctid said:
Marvin said:
Two very special players, but that doesn't mean you turn your nose up at every other

Eto bombed us out last time will demand 200K plus a week and inter will want 30 million - he will want 3 maybe 4 year deal so realistically he is going to cost 70 plus million with absolutely no way of getting that money back - regarding Nasri my comments about him are on the other thread.

100% this.

You do not pay top money for a 7 year old, 6 litre Merc in mint condition no matter how mint it is. The running and repair costs will be astronomical, and when you come to sell it in 3 years, it will be a 10 year old car and no-one will want it.

correct, eto short term yes, long term no thanks.

Ricster said:
Everyone is going on about Aguero, but maybe i can add a little extra to some on here.

What if City are actually signing Aguero for another Aguero? Kun's son is born by Diego Maradonna's daughter. Now surely that kid has all the gene makeup to become the greatest player the world has ever seen.

Great forward thinking City. 10/10.

Bearing in mind the FIFA 'enquiry' into the ethical practice of our club's recent plan to generate cash - we may as well go the whole hogg..............why not set up a genetic breeding unit at the club? A sort of; 'footballer farm'. Breed our own superstars!
What sort of unholy combo would we start with to produce our first batch?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Ricster said:
Everyone is going on about Aguero, but maybe i can add a little extra to some on here.

What if City are actually signing Aguero for another Aguero? Kun's son is born by Diego Maradonna's daughter. Now surely that kid has all the gene makeup to become the greatest player the world has ever seen.

Great forward thinking City. 10/10.

Bearing in mind the FIFA 'enquiry' into the ethical practice of our club's recent plan to generate cash - we may as well go the whole hogg..............why not set up a genetic breeding unit at the club? A sort of; 'footballer farm'. Breed our own superstars!
What sort of unholy combo would we start with to produce our first batch?
And which enquiry is this?
When was it announced?
Who at FIFA (sic) used the words 'unethical' to describe our plan?

We have absolutely no need to breed 'unholy combos', they've been buying or stealing them at the swamp for generations

I suspect he's talking about this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/uefa-promise-hard-line-on-citys-163400m-windfall-deal-2309866.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 09866.html</a>

Castiel said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/uefa-promise-hard-line-on-citys-163400m-windfall-deal-2309866.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 09866.html</a>
Not really, as that is a rehash of the daily mail and mirror stories that ran yesterday
It's actually three separate stories combined to make one, the quotes attached are not from the independent, and the sour kraut one is from a different story altogether
It's a bit like buying one of those cars that have been rebuilt from the parts of others that have been in a wreck
It doesn't work and is ultimately a death trap

I expected more from the independent, clearly I was hoodwinked by the press yet again

squirtyflower said:
Castiel said:

Not really, as that is a rehash of the daily mail and mirror stories that ran yesterday
It's actually three separate stories combined to make one, the quotes attached are not from the independent, and the sour kraut one is from a different story altogether
It's a bit like buying one of those cars that have been rebuilt from the parts of others that have been in a wreck
It doesn't work and is ultimately a death trap

I expected more from the independent, clearly I was hoodwinked by the press yet again

It is a terrible piece.

Have the club not suggested continuously over the last few months, that they have been in contact with the people in charge of implementing the FFPR, to ensure any possible deals will comply?

What is out with people wanting resale value in signings? Surely what we actually want is for players to be successful and win trophies and stay with us, not be sold. If they do that, that is where the value comes into play as we may not get a fee for a player but they will have contributed to our success and that is more valuable than resale fees.

Take Vinnie for example. He might have an increased resale value but I want him to see his career out with us and therefore never get anything back on him.

I am not sure if Garry is the sharpest tool in the box, but I have to assume there are at least some people in our executive team who can read. And if they can, they will have understood the FFP (and generally accepted accounting principle) concept of "fair value", and will be fully prepared for anything UEFA might have to say.

For all we know, maybe we are not even expecting the full deal value to count towards our FFP result. Maybe we know it's overvalued and we can't count all of it. Whatever.

What is not up for debate is that the deal has been struck and it will hugely strengthen our financial position, providing us with additional funds to further invest and generate returns. This has nothing to do with FFP.

The thickos in the media talking about a petition to block the deal really have no fucking idea. The deal CANNOT be blocked. Any club is free to do any deal it likes - it is only how it is accounted for that can be scrutinised. We can sell a mars bar for £500m if we want to.

You have wonder about the IQ of some of these journalists. Actually, I don't wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.