Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson-ctid said:
Dax777 said:
I love Athletico's stand on the issue. Simple and straightforward.

Yes, we will sell. But we have no interest in negotiating. The price is on the sticker, Cash and Carry or don't come at all!

That is how teams should treat wantaway stars in the middle of their contract. Put out a notice. Price X million, not a penny more or less. Only taking calls to accept the terms already stated.

We should have done that with Tevez when he said he wanted to go.

I think this time around if Carlos decides he does want to leave then that is exactly what we will do. This is how much we value him at take it or leave it. He still has 3 years left on his current deal and we are in no rush to sell our best players so we hold all the cards.

As for Aguero, i admie Athletico's stance. Put up or shut up.

That approach only works if you have a player that would is willing to stay if they price isn't right, ala Fab last year. Most players will force a move if negotiations hit a wall.

smiles said:
That approach only works if you have a player that would is willing to stay if they price isn't right, ala Fab last year. Most players will force a move if negotiations hit a wall.

And how exactly does a player "force a move"? I've often wonderd this. In Tevez' case he has 3 years left on his contract, If he tells City he wants to leave and we simply say no chance you're too important you're staying, What realy could he do?

Not turn up for training? Spit his dummie out to the media? Refuse to play for the club who pays his huge wages?

If that was to happen then surely he would be banned by the club and we would stop paying his wages. It would hurt his career pretty badly. The far more realistic course would be that he would have to accept it and keep doing his best for City. It's about time clubs started to play hard ball with these ego maniac players. If they don't want to play at a club for 5 years then don't sign for 5 years, otherwise shut up and do your job.

Sorry to go OT on this guys!

BlakeTheBlue said:
smiles said:

And how exactly does a player "force a move"? I've often wonderd this. In Tevez' case he has 3 years left on his contract, If he tells City he wants to leave and we simply say no chance you're too important you're staying, What realy could he do?

Not turn up for training? Spit his dummie out to the media? Refuse to play for the club who pays his huge wages?

If that was to happen then surely he would be banned by the club and we would stop paying his wages. It would hurt his career pretty badly. The far more realistic course would be that he would have to accept it and keep doing his best for City. It's about time clubs started to play hard ball with these ego maniac players. If they don't want to play at a club for 5 years then don't sign for 5 years, otherwise shut up and do your job.

Sorry to go OT on this guys!

Nothing to apologise for, it's a perfectly reasonable argument, the way players act nowadays makes a mockery of their signature being on the paper.

They can throw a fit, leak shit to the media, and generally sabotage a manager's season with countless distractions. And they can play below their ability. Tevez wouldn't do this because it's not in his nature to play at less than 100%, but Cesc has underperformed this year because he didn't get his move.

Tevez's transfer saga almost undid our campaign. We were in the mix for the title, and it came out that he made a transfer request, then we lost to Everton at home and that was that. It's a distraction that clubs don't need. Aguero will get his transfer.

I'm not saying I like how it's done, but all too often footballer's do not honour their contracts and sometimes clubs see no option but to cash in rather than have a discontented player on their hands.

They're just doing the transfer 'dance' and trying to get a high price for him.
Nothing out of the ordinary really.

alera said:
Sneijder, Sanchez, Vertonghen and Aguero. Yes please. If we signed those players, kept Tevez and the rest of our quality we would easily win the prem next season IMO looking at how weak the rags are and the amount Chelsea and Arsenal need to stregthen (We have already caught these sides up even without further signings.

Surely we wont spring for all those players though would cost £100 - £120 million plus huge wages. Then again if we could shift the 11 or so players we want shut of the wages would be covered easily and maybe £50 - or £60 million back if we are lucky.

I think realistically Sanchez and Vertonghen we could well end up getting but the likes of Aguero and Sneijder are wanted by every major club in europe unfortunately we are not going to get these sort of players if the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern or even the rags go in for them seriously.

People thought the rags were weak at the beginning of this last season...they won the title and got to the fimal of the champions league. As much as it pains me to say it, they will still be major contenders next season....behind us of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.