Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higuain is the best natural goalscorer of the three, but seems injury prone.
If true, and given the source that's a big, big if, then how about asking for Ozil as well?
After all, Madrid must have about 20 midfield players on their books. They won't miss one...

LongsightM13 said:
If true, and given the source that's a big, big if, then how about asking for Ozil as well?
After all, Madrid must have about 20 midfield players on their books. They won't miss one...
Great shout!

Tevez and Adebayor and money............. for Benzema and Ozil / Higuain and Ozil!

LongsightM13 said:

Unfortunately given Ozil was phenomenal last season, he is probably the main one they WILL miss!

I would find it hard to chooses between Higuain, Benzema and Kun.

Maybe Kun just about fits in with our other's - Dzecko and Balo slightly better but either of the Real players may offer up the best scenario of getting a fair price for Tevez.

Really is a big call for Mancini this one.

SilvaLining said:
LongsightM13 said:

Unfortunately given Ozil was phenomenal last season, he is probably the main one they WILL miss!
Sadly for City, you're right.
Would love to see Ozil and Silva together, though.

I said we should have gone for Ozil last summer, especially as he was only about £12m

Some guy on talksport is updating transfer news and they got to Aguero and said Juventes has seemed to be out bidded by.... euuhhhh.... then kept talking and later said City put in a large one thats on the table. I know its not much and probably bullshit but cheers

Limmer said:
I said we should have gone for Ozil last summer, especially as he was only about £12m
When Milner was on the cards at the ridiculous price we paid i was posting over and over that we should get Ozil!

My first choice would be Sergio Aguero. But we will only buy him if we can sell Tevez.

If we could sell Tevez for straight cash, we could buy Aguero. We could then ask ourselves an entirely separate question: Given we already have Mario and Edin, should we also buy Eto'o or Higuain or Benzema?

But I doubt that we will be able to sell Tevez for an acceptable cash sum and we will at best have swap deal possibilities with either Real or Inter. Personally I would be very happy to sign either Eto'o (provided we are sure that he really wants to play for us) or Higuain (provided that we can be confident about his fitness). I would be less keen on Benzema. But if the only way of selling Tevez - and getting Aguero - was a swap deal involving Benzema, I would take it without a moment's hesitation.

I am confident that Roberto could cope with the problems of managing 4 star strikers given that they are players he has chosen. Playing regularly with a lone striker is surely history. The demands of Champions League football and domestic cups will be considerable. Suspensions, injuries and temporary losses of form will be inevitable. For me the ideal scenario would be for Roberto to make it clear to the players (and to us City fans) that there is no pecking order between the strikers, that there is not some notional "first eleven", that the players will be systematically rotated and that being left out for the next game does NOT mean that a player is 'dropped'. The only really tricky questions will be which strikers play in the really prestigious games, notably the FA Cup Final and the Champions League final!

[My only qualification is that Dzeko must start in EVERY premier league game, since I have a bet on him winning the Golden Boot award next season!]

danburge82 said:
Limmer said:
When Milner was on the cards at the ridiculous price we paid i was posting over and over that we should get Ozil!
It wouldn't have mattered, Ozil had his sight set on Madrid long before the deal was struck. Same with Sahin this season. Everyone knows he is a fantastic player, but it would have been a waste of our time chasing him, when he was dead set on going to Madrid.

The beauty of football is this, there will be other revelations next season, and Madrid can't sign them all. So we will get our stud eventually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.