Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSonBlue said:
SilvaLining said:
Blue Haze said:
And watch effigies of the Atletico board members burned by a mob outside their stadium. It would be like Cook selling Kompany to the rags.

Seems like they can avoid a lot of unnecessary turmoil by selling to us.

It's happened so many times before in the history of football though. Campbell, Figo, Mo Johnston (via Nantes but the point remains valid). Just because we all want Aguero to come here doesn't mean the possibility of him going to Madrid is lessened, especially given the comments about Atletico just being his employers etc. I personally don't think it will happen but until I see confirmation on the official site I'm gonna be nervous

Kun's comments re: no loyalty to Atletico were (I believe) only to preserve his sell on value. He doesn't hate Atletico, so he isn't going to jepordise their capability to get the most money for him and his club by admitting he would happily play for Real, is he?

No but if his club would be getting 40 mil plus whetehr they sell him to us or Madrid. I'm sure, for example, Campbell didn't hate Spurs by all accounts but he went on a free in order to get more money/satisfy his ambitions of playing at a higher level. There is no reason why Aguero would NOT play for Madrid, apart from if he genuinely did not want to go there out of personal feeling towards Atletico

SilvaLining said:
Blue Haze said:
Marvin said:
Or getting lucky and hoping that no one else like Real Madrid come in for him.

And watch effigies of the Atletico board members burned by a mob outside their stadium. It would be like Cook selling Kompany to the rags.

It's happened so many times before in the history of football though. Campbell, Figo, Mo Johnston (via Nantes but the point remains valid). Just because we all want Aguero to come here doesn't mean the possibility of him going to Madrid is lessened, especially given the comments about Atletico just being his employers etc. I personally don't think it will happen but until I see confirmation on the official site I'm gonna be nervous

EDIT: In response to the above post, Campbell was most definitely in his prime, Figo perhaps not but he wasn't ancient. I don't really think it matters unless the player is a proper kid, a transfer from one rival to another is ALWAYS going to be contentious

Fair enough re: Sol - my memory wasn't working - which as you say was an unprecented, high profile, cross-town move.

I stand by my initial feelings regarding him leaving Atletico for Real. If you think the abuse Sol got from Spuds fans was bad (and it was), him moving to Real will make you realise what hatred fans can harbor if such a move transpires!

The only potential competitors to City in the Aguero transfer are either:

- Malaga
- an itialian club
- a premier league club

If I'm correct, this makes City the favourite.

Big guns!

BlakeTheBlue said:
In a lot of ways it's heart warming to see a lot of our more pessimistic doom and gloom Blue brothers and sisters still hold their old views on City affairs. I mean it's City right? Surely something is gunna leap from the darkness and end us with a single blow... lol

"He might sign for Madrid" and "I doubt we will sign him unless we sell Tevez first, We have to balance the books"...

OK first off yeah, Real Madrid are, well they're Real Madrid LOL. I don't think there's a bigger club on earth including AC Milan, Barcelona or the rags. And it's certainly no shame to admit that they are a more apealing proposition than us and indeed 99% of clubs. but the fact is everything that is being reported all leads to the Conclusion that Aguero will be a City player. So chill out.

On the "We have to sell Tevez First" thing, No we don't. Indeed if we want Aguero we simply cannot afford to wait for any possible Tevez deal that may not even happen. Aguero has already stated that he is off no matter what and Athletico have confirmed it so it's now or never.

i'm as certain as i can possibly be in any transfer that Aguero is a done deal. Mancini seems to be pushing hard for it, ALL the media outlets believe so, Our own Tolmie believes so... And so do I

"The past was yours but the futures mine" - CTID!

fuckin' Real Madrid and Barca, always stealing our transfer targets! feels good

DSonBlue said:
SilvaLining said:
Blue Haze said:

EDIT: In response to the above post, Campbell was most definitely in his prime, Figo perhaps not but he wasn't ancient. I don't really think it matters unless the player is a proper kid, a transfer from one rival to another is ALWAYS going to be contentious

Fair enough re: Sol - my memory wasn't working - which as you say was an unprecented, high profile, cross-town move.

I stand by my initial feelings regarding him leaving Atletico for Real. If you think the abuse Sol got from Spuds fans was bad (and it was), him moving to Real will make you realise what hatred fans can harbor if such a move transpires!

The only potential competitors to City in the Aguero transfer are either:

- Malaga
- an itialian club
- a premier league club

If I'm correct, this makes City the favourite.

Big guns!

I'd still see Chelsea as the biggest competition here. They have been trailling him for at least a year. The might however need to offer a forward in exchange, which could be a sticking point

Any one worrying about Madrid nicking him in the last minute av never been in a transfer window
When we are after a average player and then an average club comes in and nicks him for a couple of million

Ohpebbles Preben Walle
Javier Estapa, the renowned Marca-journalist, have just tweeted that Manchester City have completed the signing of Sergio Aguero. #MCFC
1 minute ago

waspish said:
Any one worrying about Madrid nicking him in the last minute av never been in a transfer window
When we are after a average player and then an average club comes in and nicks him for a couple of million

They wont sell him to Real whilst they have another offer on the table. It would be PR suicide

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/Estepa_MARCA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/Estepa_MARCA</a>

Estepa_MARCA Javier Estepa
Por lo visto el Manchester City ya ha cerrado el fichaje de Agüero. #ManchesterCity #Agüero
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

"Apparently Manchester City has completed the signing of Aguero"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.