Sergio v Bergkamp

shawgorbie said:
Mancio said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
as a natural goalscorer? yeah, as a talent? hmmm...

talent in football is scoring goals mate. the most talented players are played as strikers and the best ones are that who score more.
its a natural selection , if you are high talent you are a striker , less talented a midfielder and more less talented a defender.
that mean's dzecko is better than merlin,right?

Heskey too obviously.

Marvin said:
Bergkamp only scored regularly in Dutch football

He was a creative player who played behind the forward in the hole.

Aguero is a striker and a creator. Aguero is the more valuable player. I think there are only two more valuable players in the game today, and we all know who they are

Welbeck and Cleverly?

rickmcfc said:
Marvin said:
Bergkamp only scored regularly in Dutch football

He was a creative player who played behind the forward in the hole.

Aguero is a striker and a creator. Aguero is the more valuable player. I think there are only two more valuable players in the game today, and we all know who they are

Welbeck and Cleverly?

Welbeck's old news mate, its all about Pogba now.

oldhamblue said:
Two different types of players. DB more like Merlin.

As for goalscorers being the best. That would make Shearer better than Zidane
yes I know they are two different types.One Is a striker and one is an attacking midfielder,I was just making the point that the striker isnt necessarily the better player.On average I would say the more forward you play the better technical ability you possess

shawgorbie said:
oldhamblue said:
Two different types of players. DB more like Merlin.

As for goalscorers being the best. That would make Shearer better than Zidane
yes I know they are two different types.One Is a striker and one is an attacking midfielder,I was just making the point that the striker isnt necessarily the better player.On average I would say the more forward you play the better technical ability you possess

Vinnie just killed you, sorry.

2 totally different players with different roles. A pointless poll and another excuse for Talkshite to stick it into Arsenal. We think Talkshite have it in for us but it's nothing compared to Arsenal.

How can the 2 even be compared? Completely different types of centre forward. Was it a slow day or somethin?

As stated different players

Bergkamp was much more influential dictating attacks from the hole, looking to exploit the pace of an Overmars, Henry or Pires with his short sharp passing ability looking to get Arsenal in behind the opposition

Sergio is much more direct and a goal scorer, whilst also being more versatile in the positions he can play & quicker, on the other hand he doesn't have the passing ability and football brain of Bergkamp.

Mancio said:
talent in football is scoring goals mate. the most talented players are played as strikers and the best ones are that who score more.
its a natural selection , if you are high talent you are a striker , less talented a midfielder and more less talented a defender.

I thinking you're mistaking football and scoring goals. The latter is a rather important aspect but Gerd Muller and Filippo Inzaghi may have struggled to win many games without somebody creating the chances. People get played in the position their skills suit, if you can position yourself well and hit the back of the net you'll be played in attack, if your primary skill is tackling then you're likely to be played in defence. According to your theory of position selection Aguero would be selected as a defender ahead of Kompany. Essentially, your post shows a fundamental lack of basic logic and absolutely zero understanding of the game, I find it utterly shocking that anyone who has watched football believes this is true.

I'm not sure many people would agree that Gerd Muller was a more talented player than Franz Beckenbauer or that Inzaghi was a more talented player than Franco Baresi or Paolo Maldini. They may be better at scoring goals but nothing else. Given the level of abuse often given on this forum, I cannot believe you haven't been lambasted for this post.

M22 Blue said:
How can the 2 even be compared? Completely different types of centre forward. Was it a slow day or somethin?

I don't think either one of them is a centre-forward. Džeko is a centre-forward, Shearer was a centre-forward. Kun and Dennis are / were more like old-fashioned inside-forward, IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.