Sergio's Offside, factually definitive or interpretive ?

As long as Bernando's flick is counting as a pass, Aguero is clearly in offside, not sure how anyone can call that "in line" or whatever. It's clear offside.

It looks offside to me (Aguero)
See above and my previous posts.

It’s about the frame being used being incorrect for an assessment. He may be offside, or just onside, but we can’t know that until a correct frame is produced.

In addition, why didn’t VAR show us the frame used for the assessment, when it has been shown in nearly every other contentious VAR offside decision, including Mane’s goal last night?

Cherry picking-thinking imo. It's an offside from what is available and clear one for me. Doubt any advanced nuclearnano video technology would change anything in that.

See above and my previous posts.

It’s about the frame being used being incorrect for an assessment. He may be offside, or just onside, but we can’t know that until a correct frame is produced.

In addition, why didn’t VAR show us the frame used for the assessment, when it has been shown in nearly every other contentious VAR offside decision, including Mane’s goal last night?

They did seem to make the decision very quicky so perhaps there is a view we are unaware of. Was reading the BBC live commentary when I got home and after the goal had been reported, they immediately
Said this won’t be given, it’s offside. Now they may have typed that after the event but it was very quick as was the VAR of it.

No point banging us on about it. We brought the loss on ourselves last night with suicidal defending.

They did seem to make the decision very quicky so perhaps there is a view we are unaware of. Was reading the BBC live commentary when I got home and after the goal had been reported, they immediately
Said this won’t be given, it’s offside. Now they may have typed that after the event but it was very quick as was the VAR of it.

No point banging us on about it. We brought the loss on ourselves last night with suicidal defending.

They made decision quickly because it was clear offside very visible on the feed. We were going mental at home but as soon as it was shown, before it was even announced there is var review, I said to my kids, this is going to be ruled out and we all turned off the madness immediately. It's just a clear offside unfortunately.

Agreed, said the same yesterday.

Just bringing it up at this point to discuss the use of VAR generally now, in light of my previous assertions of the issues with current implementation allowing for manipulation of VAR to suit desired outcomes.

We won last night

I don't trust the camera angles or that the camera can pinpoint the exact moment the ball is played forward. It was probably offside but is probably enough?

I don't trust the camera angles or that the camera can pinpoint the exact moment the ball is played forward. It was probably offside but is probably enough?

Camera is still way better and more trustworthy than a human who has to see the exact moment the ball left the passer combined with where receiver is at that moment, all in a split second.

Camera would never ever let the Liverpool goal stood at West Ham or let the Origi's chance stood in same game at dying seconds. Both yard offsides.

We'll benefit from VAR more than any other top team. Both in domestic and european competitions. There will be the times like last night where decision is open to different views, but overall VAR will bring much more good decisions than humans ever could.

maybe with the introduction of VAR the whole rule book should be re-written to make it clear and obvious as it used to be in the old days. No grey area allowed. Just a simple rule for where it is needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.