Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...if I understand some law changes, this won't count in the future, once saved or missed (hit a post) its a dead ball.

Good or bad change ?

(Obviously bad tonight, but in the grand scheme, I think its a good change overall.)
I thought that proposed rule change had been binned off?

Last edited:
I think Gudogan is the better penalty taker. But its much more likely that Aguero rather than Gundogan will be on the pitch when a crucial penalty is awarded. Isn't it better then for Aguero to retain the role of main penalty taker rather than demoting him and then having to reinstate him if Gundogan isnt playing?

Just had a look at Yayas stats. Says he took 15 penalties (seems a bit low to me ?) and scored all of them.

I think 80% is the average for all penalties, so Ronaldo is just a bit above average, Aguero is pretty much bang on, and Messi is slightly below.

Also highlights the ridiculous save rate of Bert Trautmann - 60% of penalties faced.

If it hits the post and goes in, goal, if it hits the post and doesn't go in, its no goal, its very black or white that, more so than many other decisions (laws).
I didn't actually know about these changes but that just sounds completely bonkers.

That does seem low. Perhaps he didn't take them at his other clubs?
He didn’ t always take ours did he ? Balotelli took them and can’t remeber if he was first choice taker when we had Tevez either. Imonlynseem to remember him taking them towards the end of him time with us.

This had me checking the stats on career penalties scored and missed for each of the 3 on transfermarkt:
Ronaldo: 110 scored, 22 missed
Messi: 84 scored, 25 missed
Aguero: 43 scored, 10 missed

So Ronaldo is pretty accurate to be fair to the c**t.
Cheers for that actually wanted to know those stats :)
Three of them aren't really prolific and on top of that a good lot of those penalties maybe just about went in.
Anytime Yaya stepped up to take one I always thought yeah he'll score, But never confident with Aguero taking one.

Eddies attempt to save their pen was the worst i have seen, diving far too ear ly is a gift to the striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.