Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario and Yaya were more reliable than Aguero. I propose that Eddie takes them. Could take out the keeper with his power!

Your post reminded me of this cartoon strip

The only rule that needs changing is allowing players to stop and start on their run up. It should have to be all one motion with no hesitation.

I would allow that as it's very much 50/50 that it helps the taker
If the keeper keeps his bottle, as Muric did vs Leicester, the taker has made it much more difficult for himself

...if I understand some law changes, this won't count in the future, once saved or missed (hit a post) its a dead ball.

Good or bad change ?

(Obviously bad tonight, but in the grand scheme, I think its a good change overall.)
That was false information, Sky and Marca were wrong, the penalty law isn't changing.

You may not have seen the bit where I wrote (If enforced). I haven't seen a keeper with two feet on the line as the kick is taken for a long time, have you.?
With var, they should, if they are going to play to the laws of the game be able to check this, as they will be checking goals for rule infringements.

It's still an easing of the current position though.

id Assume they will have set the same laws as a shootout

A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick.

So goal Will stand next year. Can’t see any posable reason for them to change it to any other way. I’d personally rather not see them change it at all, did enjoy watching Henry and Perez (I think it was them 2) making a cock up of trying a pass from a penalty kick at Highbury a few years back. Ref players and fans was all like wtf just happened.

Not been confident about any of our penalty takers since yaya.

Weird considering we have so many players who look like they’ve got the ball on a piece of string outside the penalty area. But even messi’s penalty record isn’t stellar.

Any idea why De Bruyne doesn’t out his hand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.