Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is anything to be gained by changing the rules. On a separate note, I’d have Gundogan taking our penalties from now on.
Totally agree, gundogan taking them for me also, never feel confident with Sergio taking them for some reason, when it was say, yaya or mario, even going back to Anelka or elano, always confident, likewise with ilkay

Never understand why penalty takers are not more careful in their preparation, especially when there is so much time between the award and the kick. I always like to see the player stamp the ground to the side of the ball where their planted foot will land, firms it up, and it also makes sense to clean any mud from under the boots before running so as to give better grip.

Aguero one of the best goalscorers in world football, Yet I'm never confident when he's standing over a penalty.
What is it with some of the most deadliest goalscorers struggling to score a penalty?

Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo all not great at taking a penalty just to name a few...Yet they can bang one in the top corner from 30 yards

This had me checking the stats on career penalties scored and missed for each of the 3 on transfermarkt:
Ronaldo: 110 scored, 22 missed
Messi: 84 scored, 25 missed
Aguero: 43 scored, 10 missed

So Ronaldo is pretty accurate to be fair to the c**t.

This had me checking the stats on career penalties scored and missed for each of the 3 on transfermarkt:

I think 80% is the average for all penalties, so Ronaldo is just a bit above average, Aguero is pretty much bang on, and Messi is slightly below.

I checked Mario he has scored 37 missed 5.

Mario the best but Aguero compares well. Interesting stat and I didn't know you could do that with transfermkt. Thanks

Was a bit of a shocker and got away with it again just like in cup final
He is not in the same class as Mario or Yaya from the spot.

Not even Mario in his pomp could do that - hit the post in just the right spot and cannon off onto the goalie's heel. Just Argentine brilliance! Seriously, though, I think Sergio changes his mind twice these days on the run up, the last near miss preying on his mind, Yaya never did change his mind, and Mario had no idea where he was gonna put it, and neither did the goalie facing Mario!

I can see why we might want Gundogan on penalties. But for the number we get and the odd one Aguero misses is it worth undermining Aguero ? Thats probably in Peps thinking too.

Do you have Yaya stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.