Serie A 2017/18

Actually to correct myself, just spoke to an Italian friend earlier and top 3 go directly and 4th is entering the qualifying round. So next season Serie A could have 4 teams in it. Previously it was two go directly and 3rd goes into qualifying.
I thought from next season, England, Germany, Italy and Spain have four teams automatically qualify? May well be wrong.

Just watched a very entertaining Hellas Verona vs Internazionale match, Inter won it 1-2 at the Bentegodi with a very good winner from Perisic.

Encouraging from Hellas though, they fought well and had a chance of getting a leveller, although the better side won.

Absolutely no idea why Pecchia (Hellas coach) starts a 17 year old Moises Kean ahead of Pazzini though.

Fantastic support from the Curva Sud, reminded me of times when we were shite and a yo-yo club, almost an act of defiance, getting behind the team like that.

Hopefully I will have another trip out there very soon.

I thought from next season, England, Germany, Italy and Spain have four teams automatically qualify? May well be wrong.

Just watched a very entertaining Hellas Verona vs Internazionale match, Inter won it 1-2 at the Bentegodi with a very good winner from Perisic.

Encouraging from Hellas though, they fought well and had a chance of getting a leveller, although the better side won.

Absolutely no idea why Pecchia (Hellas coach) starts a 17 year old Moises Kean ahead of Pazzini though.

Fantastic support from the Curva Sud, reminded me of times when we were shite and a yo-yo club, almost an act of defiance, getting behind the team like that.

Hopefully I will have another trip out there very soon.

You may be right actually. I’m not sure either but it is the first time I’m hearing all 4 automatically qualify in these leagues.

Also saw the match. Kean is usually coming off the bench was surprised to see him start. Great match anyway. They did fight. Honestly thought it would be a blow out before hand.

The overall quality of Serie A is improving. Hopefully it continues as it is the only other league worth watching IMO.

Derby della Lanterna (Genoa - Sampdoria) tonight. Highly recommended, Sampdoria are showing excellent football. Sampdoria's Lucas Torreira deserves special attention - Verratti's young carbon copy from Uruguay.

Derby della Lanterna (Genoa - Sampdoria) tonight. Highly recommended, Sampdoria are showing excellent football. Sampdoria's Lucas Torreira deserves special attention - Verratti's young carbon copy from Uruguay.

That free kick he scored last Sunday was something else.

His agent said he would be perfect for Inter recently and that he is ready to make the step up.

Sampdoria are playing well, I’m expecting a win for them tonight.

Chievo-Napoli 0-0. What's interesting, Napoli struggled to score in both games following encounters with City. Puts our performance vs Arsenal into perspective.

Chievo-Napoli 0-0. What's interesting, Napoli struggled to score in both games following encounters with City. Puts our performance vs Arsenal into perspective.
Yeah Napoli have only dropped points in the two games immediately after ours right? Both 0-0?

Yeah Napoli have only dropped points in the two games immediately after ours right? Both 0-0?
Yes. 2 goalless draws - Inter at home, Chievo away. I watched 15 min from each half today, they looked completely drained.

Sarri on transfers:

"I never ask him [club president] for anything. I’m not a a coach of that type. They’ve managed to get everyone to obsess over the transfer market. There are empty stadiums but everybody talks about the transfer market. I think they’ve lost sight of reality and reality is that you improve through hard work. I’m not the type of coach to ask for this or that."

"I don't have any special requests, they'll give me a squad and I'll coach that squad."

"Sometimes players arrive who I don’t even know, and that’s fine, because I trust (director of sport Cristiano) Giuntoli. My job is to improve the players at my disposal. It’s not my job to ask for players worth €100m each, because that would be too easy."

I hope Pep already prepares the ground to lure this guy from Naples. The last time Pep had such 'bromance' with another coach (Tuchel), he recommended him to the former club. Another Pep's buddy, Ralph Hasenhuttl, is also doing fine and could potentially move to England in the future.

Sarri on transfers:

"I never ask him [club president] for anything. I’m not a a coach of that type. They’ve managed to get everyone to obsess over the transfer market. There are empty stadiums but everybody talks about the transfer market. I think they’ve lost sight of reality and reality is that you improve through hard work. I’m not the type of coach to ask for this or that."

"I don't have any special requests, they'll give me a squad and I'll coach that squad."

"Sometimes players arrive who I don’t even know, and that’s fine, because I trust (director of sport Cristiano) Giuntoli. My job is to improve the players at my disposal. It’s not my job to ask for players worth €100m each, because that would be too easy."

I hope Pep already prepares the ground to lure this guy from Naples. The last time Pep had such 'bromance' with another coach (Tuchel), he recommended him to the former club. Another Pep's buddy, Ralph Hasenhuttl, is also doing fine and could potentially move to England in the future.

I like him. Can definitely see him managing city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.