Serious Question

I think as a male gentleman I would restrain her without using any brute force. By restrain I mean grab her and hold her till she calms down. Maybe in a hug-like kind of way with a few softly spoken words of reassurance. Even offer an apology if you're (or whoever) is the antagonist and out of order in provoking a fraught situation.

But it depends on the circumstances. If 'looney Lorena' is about to make you a John Bobbitt the 2nd, lock yourself in the bog and call the cops.

Good luck pal.

'I don't hit women. I would never hit a woman. I would hit a woman who's trying to hit me with her bottle, that's different, that's self defence, isn't it?...
Or a woman who could do karate. I would never hit a woman generally'

Defence only. No retaliation. If the female is stronger and restraint impossible get the hell out and stay out. Consider contacting the police. Its called physical abuse mate and nobody, man, woman or child should have to suffer it.
A guy that used to work for me confided that his girlfriend would occasionally get violent when drunk. I warned him that things might escalate and sure enough they did. During one attack on him she broke his jaw. As he tried to restrain her she called the police and he ended up in a cell for the night. He would have been charged if his girlfriend hadn't withdrawn the complaint a week later.
If this is happening to you you really need to think about exiting the relationship. Whatever you choose, good luck mate and I hope things work out for you.

When happened to me on numerous occasions I restrained - once lost my temper and threw the remote against wall then realised it was time I was gone from the relationship leaving a 1 year old son. Walked out with only clothes on my back, went back to get stuff few days later and she had guys with baseball bats telling me to get my stuff and get out. I had an idea she was with someone else but never any proof. About 2 months later she rag to say sorry and was in hospital as the new 'boyfriend' had battered her

Imo there is no difference just because she's female.

If anyone attacks you, you do whatever is necessary to prevent that attack continuing.

On a wider level, if this is happening to you, get out of the relationship immediately and report her to the police.

Restrain rather than knock her out and walk away
I’d agree with this.

My Mrs isn’t the kind of person to do that at all, she’s never been violent in her life but if, hypothetically, she went for me I’d just pin her down until she calmed and then deal with it after.

If you have done something very serious like cheating and have been caught then you can expect a few fireworks, but it is your fault so should not retaliate just leave until she calms down.
If you haven’t done anything and this is just becoming a pattern, then it is time to leave permanently. Before one of you gets seriously hurt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.