Sgt Alexander Blackman

I had no idea you could get charged for murder in a warzone by killing someone whos trying to kill you. Seems a bit mad to me

Its difficult in that war is a very dirty business and its life or death decisions most of the time but he is on tape, shooting a bloke who is obviously not in a position trying to kill him at that time and he admits what he has done is illegal.

Given that its difficult to suggest its anything but murder im afraid and he should as a serving soldier, particularly an NCO have shown more sense and leadership.

Shooting the guy was a crime but could arguably be rationalised because this guy and his buddies had dismembered the marine's colleague previously and hung him from a tree!!

The sharing of the video evidence by the Sgt on social media or between colleagues however was the fatal error here as it nothing more than a trophy video. If this hadn't happened he would never have been charged in the first place

Its difficult in that war is a very dirty business and its life or death decisions most of the time but he is on tape, shooting a bloke who is obviously not in a position trying to kill him at that time and he admits what he has done is illegal.

Given that its difficult to suggest its anything but murder im afraid and he should as a serving soldier, particularly an NCO have shown more sense and leadership.

The correct answer.

He is on tape committing the crime, he admits to committing the crime and was punished for committing the crime. The appeal is suggesting that he was at the time of committing this crime legally insane so want manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

If as @Bluemanc100 says above and this guy had motive for revenge then that will be thrown out immediately and the murder charge would stand.

Shooting the guy was a crime but could arguably be rationalised because this guy and his buddies had dismembered the marine's colleague previously and hung him from a tree!!

The sharing of the video evidence by the Sgt on social media or between colleagues however was the fatal error here as it nothing more than a trophy video. If this hadn't happened he would never have been charged in the first place
As far as I remember the Sergeant was aware of no trophy video,it was found on anothers laptop by the police concerning an unrelated incident,the bloke appears to have been under stress,knackered and not given great support from above,the only trophy I see here is him being crucified at the altar of appearing to do the right thing

As far as I remember the Sergeant was aware of no trophy video,it was found on anothers laptop by the police concerning an unrelated incident,the bloke appears to have been under stress,knackered and not given great support from above,the only trophy I see here is him being crucified at the altar of appearing to do the right thing

Him admitting to illegally murdering someone was probably not the best defence for his case then huh?

"Obviously this doesn't go anywhere, fellas. I just broke the Geneva Convention."

-- Alexander Blackman immediately after shooting the bloke

There's nothing more irritating than people who masturbate over soldiers.

Him admitting to illegally murdering someone was probably not the best defence for his case then huh?

Agreed. I could understand if it was the 1940s and they were conscripted, but now its just a job like any other.
Same people who whinge over the "disgrace" of soldiers not earning what a footy player does. Winds me up.

I really don't give a rats arse what irritates you or anyone else,whatever he said has no bearing on whether he was suffering some sort of mental breakdown

For a person in authority to do something like that is wrong whichever way it's dressed up we are supposed to be better than the ideology we are fighting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.