"Shadowplayers - the Rise and Fall of Factory Records"

Didsbury Dave

For anyone of my generation who had a Factory fixation (granted, that won't be that many of you) this new book is a "must-read".

It's long as hell, very well written and has absolutely exhaustive detail. So far I've already learned that Tony Wilson met Alan Erasmus for the first time, and shared a joint, in the same flat I lived in in the early 90s.

I am absolutely loving it, and "Temptation" has only just been released.

thanks for the heads up Dave

just ordered it off Amazon for £10.95

I went to an evening at the lowry called "unknown pleasures with peter hook" and he told some stories about factory records and a lot of stuff that happened. It was a brilliant night and he said he may do another one soon. so keep your eyes peeled!

foolsgold* said:
I went to an evening at the lowry called "unknown pleasures with peter hook" and he told some stories about factory records and a lot of stuff that happened. It was a brilliant night and he said he may do another one soon. so keep your eyes peeled!

I went to that too mate, it was same day as one of our home games.

It was OK, a bit contrived but I enjoyed it.

This one is for the "hardcore"!!

If you are interested in what became of Crawling Chaos or Crispy Ambulance, or what happened at Curtis's wake, or where the drugs came from, then this is the book!

I'll see if the local library can get hold of it. Nice to see if they mention what happened to The Stockholm Monsters. Good to hear 'Temptation' mentioned, I've got an awesome 7" version of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.