"Shadowplayers - the Rise and Fall of Factory Records"

malg said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Can tell you a good story about stockholm monsters which includes the dry bar,them pissing and Mick Hucknalls cabriolet saab with the roof down.

And you don't need to be a genius to work it out! :-)
Barry, you'll have to come clean on the story, as the lead singer and lead guitarist are my in-laws. Actually having a BBQ this weekend for Tony's (lead singer with SM) birthday! I would love to kick it off with another story about his drinking before he goes and gets pissed again.

Hucknall had his cabriolet parked at the rear of dry with the roof down while he was inside playing 'charlie big spuds' or 'charlie little spuds' in his case. He was pissing people off as per usual so certain members decided they needed to relieve theirselves and what better place to do it than in Hucknalls pride and joy, so with the roof being down they relieved theirselves inside Dentons finest new toy and filled it with piss!

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella IMO. Shame he wasn't in it really.

And if they doesn't break the ice at the party i don't know what will...? :-)

Pigeonho said:
. He never delved into the finer details but between him and my ex, the impression i got was that they should have cracked the big time but through something Wilson did, they didn't.

Wilson could be a twat but I don't think he can be blamed for the fact that they were shite.

I had a cracking t-shirt though, with the Apple on.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pigeonho said:
. He never delved into the finer details but between him and my ex, the impression i got was that they should have cracked the big time but through something Wilson did, they didn't.

Wilson could be a twat but I don't think he can be blamed for the fact that they were shite.

All that, the Madchester scene etc, was just before I got interested in music so I can't really comment if they were shit or not. I remember the theme tune to granada soccer night, and the name of the band obviously. Cliff had some belting stories to tell me though! He went onto the Buzzcocks about 6 years ago. He was that mystery line up. Pissed out of his face.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pigeonho said:

My Rising Star, Moody Places, and Shall We Take A Trip all showed promise in fairness.

Words can't describe how bad that album is though.

Half way through this. Good read even though he is a red t**t. They could have been huge if it wasn’t for Ged Duffy leaving when he did. They never recovered
A friend sent me the book for Xmas. Haven't touched it yet as in middle of another book but flicked through it briefly and just happened to stop on a page where it mentioned Generation X playing at Rafters 77 or 78 and I thought if it delves that much into the era then it should be a good read

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.